Inghams captures the market and leads the way to Lapland
Published: 02.07.2009 14:43
Inghams proudly announced its commitment to extending its Lapland programme with new additions for Winter 2009/10 including the introduction of Salla as a new destination and seven night ski and winter wonderland holidays.
This announcement follows both Crystal and Thomson cancelling their Lapland holidays for the coming winter, whilst First Choice has withdrawn its seven night Lapland holiday offering limiting departures to three and four nights in December only.
Inghams has offered holidays to Lapland since 1997 and operates a hugely successful programme which runs from 6 December to 11 April. Over the last 12 years, Inghams has established a strong presence in Lapland with an extensive programme that has grown to include seven night packages and new destinations such as Salla, which is new for Winter 2009/10 and advance registration is already in operation, with bookings being taken from 6 July.
The new seven night packages offer exceptional value for money, with a wide choice of exhilarating activities on offer including Learn to Ski and Board packages, the extremely popular reindeer, husky and snowmobile safaris and the chance to experience the stunning Northern Lights.
The highlight of any trip to Lapland is a visit to Santa's secret hideaway and guests get the unique opportunity to see the wonderful workshop, meet Rudolph as well as a private visit to meet Santa and in December get the opportunity to join him for a traditional Christmas dinner.
With a wide choice of accommodation on offer, guests can choose from a host of 3 and 4 star hotels to cosy idyllic high-quality modern log cabins with open fire places and private saunas as well as fully catered chalets, the perfect choice for a relaxing family holiday.
For seven night breaks Inghams offers direct flights from London Gatwick, Manchester, Bristol and Birmingham to Levi, Ylläs and Saariselkä and from London Gatwick to Ruka. All flights depart on a weekly basis every Sunday from 6 December 2009 to 11 April 2010. In addition to seven night holidays, Inghams also offers three and four night Santa Short Breaks with flights departing throughout December from Gatwick and Manchester. Guests experience the magic of Lapland with adventure packed excursions, and meet Santa and his elves and enjoy a Christmas feast with turkey and all the trimmings, proving the perfect festive break in the run up to Christmas.
Inghams Top Five Lapland Holidays
1. With breathtaking beautiful frozen lakes and snow sculptured forests, Ruka provides the perfect winter playground and a stunning gateway to Lapland. As well as meeting Santa, guests can marvel at the truly spectacular Northern Lights. Prices start from £361 per person staying at 3* Kelokivakka Nordic pine cabins for a seven night self catering holiday. Alternatively guests can stay at 4* Rukahovi Hotel from £567 on a half board basis including flights and transfers from London Gatwick.*
2. The exotic resort of Levi offers uncrowded snow-sure skiing with a warm atmosphere and exhilarating off piste activities to keep you entertained. Guests can choose from husky, reindeer or snowmobile safaris as well as a special meeting with Santa. Prices start from £353 per person staying in 3* Levilehto chalets for a seven night self catering holiday or £559 per person staying in the 3* Crazy Reindeer hotel on a half board basis including flights and transfers from London Gatwick.*
3. Ylläs is a firm favourite with guests who return year after year to enjoy the stunning unspoilt scenery and Finland’s longest ski slopes. There is a wide choice of accommodation to chose from including the modern 4* Villa Armas Cabins which provide excellent value for money with prices starting from just £359 per person for a seven night self catering holiday. Alternatively guest can choose to stay at the Äkäs Hotel situated in the traditional unspoilt Lappish community of Äkäslompolo, and located in a beautiful unspoilt spot. Prices at the Äkäs Hotel start from £571 on a half board basis including flights and transfers from London Gatwick.*
4. Located in the north of Lapland and close to Russia, Saariselkä is a picturesque destination lined with snow capped pine trees and beautiful skies of deep blue and purple. Saariselkä is Sami country and the native people of Lapland live and work in the resort and offer guests a warm welcome. Stay at the 4* Saariselkä Log Cabins, a selection of modern high quality log cabins with prices starting from £360 for a seven night self catering holiday. Or choose to stay at the 4* Holiday Club Hotel which has a fabulous facilities including a spa, indoor pool complex complete with waterslide, wave machine and kids pool. Prices start from £572 on a half board basis including flights and transfers from London Gatwick.*
5. Santa Short Breaks allows guests to experience the magic of Lapland with a choice of accommodation in either Levi or Ylläs. This is the perfect family holiday to get everyone in the festive spirit with highlights including meeting Santa and Mrs Santa, enjoying a traditional Christmas dinner and discovering Santa’s workshop. With a host of winter adventures to choose from, guests can enjoy husky and reindeer rides. Prices start from £569 per person for a 3* self catering stay in the Ylläs Log Cabins complete with roaring fire and tucked away in the snowy forest. Prices include flights and transfers from London Gatwick and Manchester.