Things to do:
Other things to do in and around Lake Como
- Use the ferries to explore the lake
- 18 hole golf course at Menaggio
- Hiking around Monte Grona (above Menaggio)
- Mountain biking trails around the lake
- Visit the city of Como - 30mins by hydrofoil
- Trips to well-known Villas of Balbianello (Lenno), Carlotta (Tremezzo) and Monastero (Varenna)
The Villas and Gardens of Lake Como
The idyllic lakeside villas of Como have always attracted the rich and famous. Today they are reminders of more elegant times. Villa Balbianello, with its magnificent gardens and views should not be missed. 17th century Villa Carlotta in Tremezzo contains sculptures by Canova and 4 acres of gardens with azaleas, rhododendrons and ancient cedars and sequoias. In Bellagio, Villas Melzi and Serbelloni can also be visited; entrance is around €8.50 (reductions for over 65's). Even today, these villas retain their glamour.
Pricing and information shown above is for guidance only and may vary. Latest pricing is available when booking online or given locally by your Inghams representative. Prices on scheduled airlines vary almost daily, and may go up or down at any time before you book.