Things to do:
- St. Mark's Square and the Basilica
- Doge's Palace
- Rialto Bridge
- Lagoon islands of Murano, Burano, Torcello and the Lido
- Ca' Rezzonico
- Church of Santa Maria della Salute.
- Accademia gallery (Classical/Venetian school)
- Peggy Guggenheim collection (modern art)
- Santa Maria - Church of the Frari (Titian, Bellini)
- San Rocco Academy (Tintoretto)
- There is a full range of bars, pizzerias, sandwich bars and formal restaurants. The area near Piazzale Roma and the train station is known for good value food. Seafood is a speciality.
Venice is compact, with all the sights within walking distance. But waterbuses, or "vaporetti" are the best way of appreciating Venice's beauty and the life of the canals. Serving all areas of the city, the service is frequent and easy to use.
Pricing and information shown above is for guidance only and may vary. Latest pricing is available when booking online or given locally by your Inghams representative. Prices on scheduled airlines vary almost daily, and may go up or down at any time before you book.