Ski Tirol in Austria - one of the world's leading ski destinations
Ski in Tirol, one of the world's leading ski destinations, and you'll have access to 1,300 lifts and 3,500 km of superbly groomed slopes across a host of sensational resorts, not least the big three of St. Anton, Mayrhofen and Kitzbühel. There's glacier skiing at Hintertux and Stubai, the chocolate box village of Alpbach, the high-altitude style of Obergurgl and Kühtai, the eight ski centres which surround the elegant Tirolean capital of Innsbruck and more besides. Tirol's not just about skiing and boarding. Here you can mix your own unforgettable cocktails of adventure, sport and nature every day. Enjoy world-class restaurants and rustic mountain huts, sensational spas and crazy toboggan runs - the best of today with a wealth of tradition.
Inghams Resorts in Tirol
|• Alpbach||• Niederau & Oberau|
|• Ellmau||• Obergurgl|
|• Igls||• Seefeld|
|• Ischgl & Galtür||• Söll|
|• Kitzbühel||• St. Anton|
|• Kühtai||• St. Johann|
|• Mayrhofen||• Westendorf|
For the ski holiday offers in the Tirol see our latest Ski Deals
Ski Kühtai for glorious snow sure pistes, breathtaking scenery and wonderful doorstep skiing. It's one of Austria's best kept secrets! High up in the delightful Stubai mountain range, this is exhilarating high altitude terrain and you're only 35km from Innsbruck. Skiing holidays in Kühtai are hard to beat for convenience. Most hotels are on the piste and lift access is generally free of queues, making a huge difference if you're determined to spend as much time as possible enjoying the snow! As well as state of the art facilities, a skiing holiday in Kühtai delivers history and glamour too. Today Kühtai is one of the best resorts in Austria if you want to enjoy ski touring. And new in 2009/10 was a further 34km of pistes with a new connection with the Hochötz ski area. All included with Kühtai lift pass holders, with a free ski bus connecting the two resorts. Ski Austria - ski Kühtai for high altitude skiing, short transfers with families well catered for.
Off-piste skiing - dreaming of virgin slopes
More and more winter sports enthusiasts are in search of fun skiing - off the beaten track. St Anton, Ischgl, Mayrhofen or Innsbruck are the ultimate resorts for off-piste skiing. Off-piste skiing requires good skiing ability. Familiarity with untracked snow is an advantage. Many Tirolean ski schools include guided free riding in their programme. Equipment such as transceivers, avalanche probes and avalanche shovels is generally included in the price of the course. Suitable skiing material frequently is, too. Otherwise, advice is provided at the ski hire service.
When times are hard the decision making process when choosing a family holiday comes down to one thing...cost. The Tirol region of Austria is home to a variety of family friendly resorts, geared up to help those feeling the pinch this season without needing to compromise on those other all-important factors. Certain resorts are best enjoyed at different stages of their childhood and the following suggestions will keep everyone happy from snow babies to daring teens.
Top 5 tips for choosing a family ski holiday:
- Choose a ski resort with a short airport transfer time
- Opt for a resort with plenty of family friendly après-ski activities such as tobogganing, bowling, swimming or ice-skating
- Choose accommodation which suits the family needs and budget. Opt for a self-catering apartment if you want to keep costs down by dining in or if you do choose to stay in a hotel look for a hotel with a family sized room and benefit from child discounts.
- Choose a resort with a good range of affordable childcare options e.g. resort kindergartens, baby-sitting service via local tourist offices, hotel kindergartens
- Opt for a resort offering free child ski packs.
Click for more information on how you can get the most out of your family ski holiday.
Activities off the Slopes
You can find superb activities and attractions for both skiers and non-skiers at many of the resorts in Tirol, including the resort of Seefeld.
A favourite Inghams resort for many years, Seefeld enjoys a scenic position above the Inn Valley, close to Innsbruck. Offering both skiers and non-skiers unlimited leisure amenities and entertainment. Some of Austria's best cross-country tracks start in and around Seefeld with excellent tuition and equipment. The Olympic sports centre offers activities for the energetic or you may wish to explore the resort by horse sleigh or browse round the stylish shops. There are also several après-ski bars, fashionable clubs and a casino.
• Olympia Sports Centre with heated indoor and outdoor pool and sauna • Skating and curling rinks • Indoor tennis • Squash • Indoor golf • Winter walking on 142km of prepared paths • Sleigh rides • Night skiing • 3km flood-lit cross-country skiing • Snow shoeing • Excursions • Bowling • Candle-lit walk • Bobsleigh excursion • Cross-country taster • Wine tasting.