Monday 13th June 2016, London – This summer Inghams has introduced Explorer Holidays to its Lakes & Mountains programme, along with four new destinations in Germany and Norway and fresh cycling holiday options.
The Inghams summer 2016 programme features 91 resorts in total, including 48 locations on the shores of Europe’s most stunning lakes and fjords and 43 stunning mountain resorts. Offering direct flights from 23 UK airports Inghams has more regional flight departures than any other tour operator with many routes specifically chartered by and exclusive to Inghams.
This diverse programme is complemented with extra savings including Inghams Plus offers and late booking deals which can be found online here: inghams.co.uk/lakes-mountains-holidays/lakes-mountains-late-deals
FRESH CYCLING HOLIDAY OPTIONS
In response to a steady growth in guests seeking dedicated cycling holidays Inghams has launched an additional Treasures of the Danube self-guided cycling itinerary for 2016, along with added in-resort cycling options.
New Treasures of the Danube seven-night cycling holiday Vienna to Budapest
Winding its way alongside pretty villages and picturesque vineyards, the beautiful and tranquil Danube was once an important medieval trade route from Vienna to Budapest and part of the Roman Empire. Guests on the seven-night self-guided tour will encounter game-rich riverside forests, historic towns and medieval castles along the continuation of the Danube Bike Trail through Austria, Slovakia and into Hungary. Mostly following paved bicycle paths, the route follows the River Danube until you reach the city of Budapest. Price from £719pp includes flights from London Gatwick to Vienna, returning Budapest to London Gatwick, accommodation, bike hire, entrance fees and luggage service.
Cycle part of the Tour de France route in Morzine
Morzine and the Portes de Soleil area has become an increasingly popular destination for road cycling holidays in the French Alps. There are plenty of routes to discover at varying lengths and for all abilities not to mention the lovely walks for those who prefer to keep two feet on the ground!
In the spirit of the Tour de France this summer guests can cycle the 1.7km Col de Jeux Verte which links Morzine to Avoriaz passing the stunning Lac de Montriond and experiencing some of the best views of the valley. Alternatively, the formidable Col de Joux Plane links Morzine in the north to Samoëns in the south for those looking to make the most of their road cycling holiday with a truly challenging climb. All-season road bikes are available to pre-book or hire locally from £26.50 per day or alternatively Inghams can arrange bike carriage from approximately £60 return for those wanted to bring their own bike.
Inghams is offering seven nights, chalet catering at the four-star Hotel Les Champs Fleuris in Morzine, France from £699 in summer 2016. Price includes return flights from London to Geneva and resort transfers. For more information visit www.inghams.co.uk or call 01483 791 116.
INGHAMS LAKES & MOUNTAINS EXPLORER HOLIDAYS
The Explorer Holidays programme comprises of four multi-centre European tours with a focus on art, food, history and culture. Each small-group tour is led by an experienced Inghams Explorer Guide and included accommodation at one or two selected hotels with a maximum group size of 25 people.
• Three countries Tour of Austria, Italy and Switzerland: This tour takes in Italy, Austria and Switzerland and includes days out to see the very best these regions have to offer. Guests will be based in the town of Merano which offers a fascinating blend of Austrian and Italian cultures. The highlight of the trip is a ride on the Bernina Express to St. Moritz. Prices start from £1,099pp staying at the four-star Hotel Adria on a half-board basis including flights, transfers, guided tours and excursions
• Treasures of Tuscany: Based in the spa town of Montecatini Terme, this holiday blends culture, history and picturesque countryside with visits to Florence, Siena, San Gimignano and Pisa. Prices start from £1,229pp staying at the four-star Grand Hotel Francia & Quirinale on a half-board basis including flights, transfers, guided tours and excursions including a walking tour of the charming old city of Lucca and guided tour of the Uffizi Gallery in Florence
• Wines and Castles of Slovenia and Italy: This tour combines Slovenia and northeastern Italy with the chance to learn more about the region’s history, people, castles and of course, it’s delicious wines. Prices start from £1,179pp staying at comfortable farmhouse and four-star hotel accommodation including flights, transfers, guided tours and excursions including daily wine tastings and vineyard tours with the chance to sample fine Slovenian sparkling wine
• Undiscovered Austria – Based in Graz this tour explores a relatively unknown area discovering historic castles, taking a steam train ride and experiencing chocolate-tasting at the Zotter chocolate factory. Prices start from £1,059pp staying at the four-star Hotel Ramada on a half-board basis including flights, transfers, guided tours and excursions
• Gardens of Lake Constance: This tour discovers the beautiful gardens of this little known region from the monastery on the nearby island of Reichenau to the sculptured labyrinth of Salem castle and the magnificent 'Flower Island of Mainau'. Prices start from £1,129pp staying at the five-star Steigenberger Inselhotel on a half-board basis including flights, transfers, guided tours, excursions and a Lake Constance regional pass
FOUR NEW RESORTS
Inghams has introduced four new destinations to its summer 2016 programme:
• Lofthus in Norway, located on the spectacular Hardangerfjord, known as the ‘Orchard of Norway’ offering stunning fjord scenery. Inghams offers seven nights at the 4.5-star Hotel Ullensvang in Lofthus from £729pp on a half board basis including flights from four UK airports and resort transfers
• Reichenau in Germany is an Island in Lake Constance and a UNESCO world heritage site known for its natural beauty, historic monasteries and medicinal gardens. Inghams offers seven nights at the three-star plus Ganter Hotel Mohren in Reichenau from £559pp on a half board basis including flights from nine UK airports, resort transfers, free packed lunches and one day free bicycle hire
• Norheimsund in Norway is located on the western shores of the Hardangerfjord and is another option for a great base from which to explore the region and the city of Bergen. Inghams offers seven nights at the 3.5-star Thon Hotel Sandven in Norheimsund from £609pp on a half board basis including flights from four UK airports and resort transfers
• Stavanger, Norway’s fourth largest city, is located in the south-western corner of the country. Stavanger has a fascinating history and pleasant harbour front, the picturesque old town has quaint cobbled streets and small wooden houses dating back to the 18th century. Inghams offers seven nights at the four-star Clarion Skagen Brygge Hotel in Stavanger from £529pp on a half board basis including flights from four UK airports and resort transfers
For more information visit
or call 01483 791 116
- ENDS -
For any further information or images please contact:
PR Assistant, Rachel Gaston, Inghams on 014837 91045 / Rachel.Gaston@inghams.co.uk
Senior PR Account Manager, Daniela Resenterra, 020759 31771/DanielaR@hillsbalfour.com
PR Account Manager, Josie Self, 020759 31758/ JosieS@hillsbalfour.com
PR Account Executive, Annabel Jenkins, 020759 31770 / AnnabelJ@hillsbalfour.com