Inghams have launched their new Summer 2016 Lakes & Mountains programme which invites guests to ‘see more and do more’ by diving deep into the heart of Europe and enjoying more exploratory holidays. The Summer programme features 91 resorts including 48 locations on the shores of Europe’s most stunning lakes and fjords and 43 of the best loved mountain resorts. The diverse programme is complemented by savings including Inghams Plus deals, early booking offers and the strong pound means most holidays come at lower prices than last year.
What’s new for 2016?
Inghams is opening up Europe in the Summer 2016 brochure with three new resorts:
• Reichenau, Germany- an Island in Lake Constance and a UNESCO world heritage site known for its natural beauty, historic monasteries and medicinal gardens.
• Pescasseroli in the Italian mountains which is at the heart of the National Park of Abruzzo, one of Italy’s most ancient national parks.
• Lofthus and Norheimsund in Norway- located on the spectacular Hardangerfjord, known as the ‘Orchard of Norway’ both offer stunning fjord scenery.
• Stavanger, Norway’s 4th largest city with quaint cobbled streets and a beautiful harbour.
• And a new multi-centre holiday ‘Stavanger to Hardanger Discovery’ which travels through the stunning fjords, to the quaint town of Sand and finishing on the magnificent Hardangerfjord.
5 new 7 night Explorer Holidays
• Wines and Castles of Slovenia and Italy to explore Slovenia’s finest wines, history and culture. (Prices from £1129pp)
• Bears and Gladiators contrasting a tour of iconic Rome and the Abruzzo National Park with bear watching. (Price from £859pp)
• Three countries Tour of Austria, Italy and Switzerland – this is based in Merano, and includes a visit to St. Moritz, a trip on the Bernina Express railway and then onto Innsbruck. (Price from £1079pp)
• Undiscovered Austria based in Graz this tour discovers this relatively unknown area and includes discovering historic castles, a steam train ride and chocolate tasting at the Zotter chocolate factory. (Prices from £1049pp)
• Gardens of Lake Constance includes a Lake Constance regional pass which covers buses, trains, boats and entrance to 100 local attractions. (Price from £1259pp)
These explore art, food, history and culture. The holidays are small tours (maximum of 25 people), based in one or two selected hotels led by an experienced Inghams Explorer guide.
Inghams has expanded the Treasures of the Danube cycling tours adding a 7 night tour from Vienna to Budapest. The cycle tours are an engaging way to explore the route between the cities with 3* and 4* accommodation along the way.
See more, do more
In addition to the Explorer Holidays Inghams offer a variety of activities and tours to enhance the Lakes & Mountains holidays from paragliding in Morzine, to Bridge classes in Belle Plagne and from the Verona opera (24th June to 28th August) to the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland. The excursions are listed on individual pages alongside activities such as cycling, e-biking, suggested walks and great suggestions for local food and wine specialities.
Savings- Inghams plus offer savings of up to £600 per couple including reduced prices, early booking discounts of up to £400 per couple, free packed lunches, free bike hire, free afternoon tea and cake, free hotel guided walk, free travel and excursions, for example free use of cable-cars, chairlifts and public transport, free excursions, free wanderwalks and free Berlitz pocket guides for Vienna, Salzburg, Venice, Verona and Rome.
Duration- Inghams is keen to offer flexibility and choice and is offering holidays 7, 10, 11 and 14 nights as well as short 3 or 4 night breaks, City add on options, two centre and multi-centre holidays. In Switzerland guests have a choice of 4 departures per week and for any duration of 3 nights or more.
For families- Family holidays are made even better value with free child places and special child places in our chalet and Chalet Hotels. Children ages 6-15 years old travelling with their parents will benefit from free transport on most of Switzerland’s public transport. Children under 6 years old travel free.
Inghams’ Family Choice Hotels are ready for children and run free kids’ club with activities including face painting, sports and treasure hunts throughout the day. For example, Inghams is offering 7 nights, full board at the 4.5* Family Resort Alpenpark, Austria from £774 per person departing 4th June 2016. Price includes return flights from London Gatwick to Innsbruck and resort transfers. Early booking offer €75 food and beverage voucher per full paying guest for bookings before 31st May 2016, free daily packed lunch, free soft drinks during meals, free activity programme including guided Nordic walks, free daily child supervision and activity programme (3-12 years old) and free crèche with professional nannies (0-3 years old).
Airports- choose from 23 UK airports.
Bloc Hotel- make outbound journeys even easier by staying at the Bloc Hotel inside London Gatwick South Terminal. Inghams guests benefit from a special rate with rooms from £29 per person.
For press enquiries please contact
PR Executive, Rachel Gaston, Inghams on 01483 79 10 45 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior PR Account Manager, Daniela Resenterra, 020 7593 1771/danielaR@hillsbalfour.com
Senior PR Account Executive, Josie Self, 0207 593 1758/ JosieS@hillsbalfour.com