This enchanting village lies on the shores of a tranquil lake surrounded by pine clad hills and gentle mountains. Swimming or rowing is a pleasure in its crystal clear waters, especially as no motor boats are allowed. The village is a marvellous centre for walking with some wonderful woodland strolls, and a lovely path around the lake and some tougher hikes up the Schober Mountain which overlooks the village. It is also a great base from which to explore the Lakes region. St. Gilgen (4 miles away) is easily accessible by bus for boat trips on Lake Wolfgang and further walking opportunities. There are various local events held in the village throughout the summer, and not to be missed is an alfresco evening drink or meal, watching the glorious sunsets over Lake Fuschl.
Things to do in resort
- ‘Fuschlseebad’ Lakeside lido with heated outdoor pool and lake-side bathing area
- Rowing boat and pedalo hire
- Mountain bike & E-Bike hire with numerous marked trails
- Nordic Walking
- Golf 9 hole golf course and driving range, mini golf
- Tennis courts
- Various saunas & steam rooms at the Fuschlseebad
- Various children’s activities & playgrounds & gnome trail
- Wartenfeis Castle ruins
- Ruming mill with bread making and other demonstrations
- Village bandstand & handful of shops
- Good bus connections to St. Gilgen
Fuschl am See hotels are a good base from which to explore the Lakes region. From St. Gilgen, just 4 miles away, you can take a boat trip on Lake Wolfgang or take the gondola which ascends the Zwölferhorn. A variety of excursions are offered, including Hallstatt and a tour of the region.
Festivals and Events
There are regular festivals and concerts in Fuschl throughout the summer from May-September, including weekly brass band concerts at the bandstand, and the annual ‘Dorf Fest’ village festival in June or July.
Car hire available
There is a local bus service
Location in resort
For more information on travel and transport visit our Fuschl am See page