- Cable cars
- Via Ferrata
- Mini golf
- New sports centre
- Adventure park
In Saas Fee the walking possibilities are endless, and several cable-cars and chairlifts take you up above the village for spectacular views and higher paths. A must is a ride to the summit of the Metro Alpin, the world's highest underground funicular railway. Many Saas Fee hotels organise guided walks and picnics for guests to enjoy, whilst the tourist office also arranges a regular programme of concerts and folklore events. The village has a good selection of cafés, bars and restaurants. A day-trip to Zermatt to see the iconic Matterhorn is a must!
Other things to do in and around Saas Fee
- Ice Palace and revolving restaurant with 360° views at Mittelallalin
- 20km of summer skiing - the summer training ground for many national teams
- Saas Museum of village life through the ages
- Newly opened 'Aqua Allalin' resort pool and wellness area with sauna, steam bath and whirlpool
- 9 hole golf course and mini-golf
- Selection of excellent mountain restaurants
- ‘Nostalgic Culinary Mile’ celebrating the traditional food and costume of the region takes place approx. 5 Sep
- Excellent range of activities suitable for families including meeting the marmottes, crazy gold, adventure forest, children's playground, monster scooters, themed walking trails and Ice Pavilion.
- Via Ferrata for beginners from Jun-September at Saas-Grund
Resort Card - Free use of resort lifts for all guests staying in Saas Fee partner hotels.
Your ‘Saas Fee Resort Card’* is provided by your hotel on arrival and gives you:
- Free unlimited use of most resort lifts including:
- Felskinn cable-car (mid Jun - mid Jul)
- Alpin Express (mid Jul - Oct)
- Hannig gondola (mid Jun - Oct)
- Plattjen gondola (beg Jul - Oct)
- Kreuzboden gondola (mid Jun - Oct)
- Speilboden gondola (mid Jun - Oct)
- Langfluh (mid Jun - Oct)
- Free use of local post buses to surrounding villages in Saas valley: Saas Balen, Saas Grund, Saas Allmagell
Subject to change. Metro Alpin and Hohsaas lifts not included (pay locally). Spielboden/Langfluh is due to be closed during Summer 2016 for renovations.
Discount Travel Card included for all Inghams guests
Save up to 50% with your half-price card on trips of your choice across the Swiss transport network. Included in the price of your holiday, and worth over £100!
Travel card sent to you before departure with your rail transfer tickets.
Exploring on the Swiss Transport Network
Switzerland's excellent public transport network of mountain railways, cable-cars, steam boats and buses makes it a pleasure to explore the sights, at your own pace.
Car hire is available
The walking opportunities in this region are superb, Saas Fee offers over 350km of well-marked paths, the majority of which are above the tree line. Post bus services offer access into the valley, and the cablecars and gondolas take walkers to the higher trails and viewpoints. The terrain is suited to all levels.
Easy Strollers will enjoy the gentle walking around Saas-Allmagell, Kreuzboden and Saas-Grund, or can take the walk around the Mattmark reservoir (approx. 1½ hrs),
Moderate Try the ‘Alpine Flower Trail’ a popular and pleasant walk on Kreuzboden above Saas-Grund, with 1000-year old larches and over 240 species of alpine plant thriving here (approx. 3½ hrs). Nature lovers should also head up to Hannig, which is a good place to see chamois, take the path leading back down to the Saas Fee from the top of Spielboden – also a popular route for the local marmots!
Slightly challenging More adventurous walkers can reach the Swiss-Italian border via the Monte Moro ‘smugglers’ pass from the Mattmark Dam, or head up high to 3000m from the top of the Felskin and across to the Britannia Hut for some incredible views!