With so many destinations to choose from it can be a challenge deciding on just one place to stay! Our wonderful lakes & mountains multi centre holidays are designed to give you the pick of the best. You can combine most destinations within a country, designing a holiday to suit your individual preferences, tastes and interests.
Take a lakes & mountains multi centre holiday and choose to head for a vibrant city. Venice and Verona are particularly popular choices for sophisticated sightseeing after walking in the mountains. Alternatively relax in a lakeside village for a few days after one of our excellent tours. We provide you with a choice of three to fourteen nights in nearly all of our best loved resorts and cities. So you can tailor your lakes two-centre holiday to your own requirements. In most cases all you need to do is arrive and depart on the day arranged, usually a Wednesday or Saturday.
What about travelling between resorts? We like to make life as easy as possible for our customers. So our lakes & mountains multi centre holidays take all the hassle out of transferring. We arrange travel between your first and second centre in advance so your holiday is smooth and seamless.Transport is by coach, minibus, rail, taxi or boat, depending on your resort. If you need help and guidance choosing a two centre lakes holiday combination, feel free to call our friendly reservations team. Or book online using your resorts' holiday codes. Simplicity itself!
2 week holiday (7 + 7 days) The most popular duration is to split your fortnight into a week in each resort, alternatively 11 + 3 days and 10 + 4 days are possible.
10 & 11 night holidays (7 + 3 or 7 + 4 days) Also possible are 10 & 11 night holidays, divided into 1 week plus 3 or 4 days in another resort.
1 week holiday (3 + 4 days) You can divide a week’s holiday into 3 + 4 days in 2 resorts.
Transfers between resorts are included and are by coach via the airport unless otherwise stated. Direct transfers are possible in certain cases at a supplement of £75 per person. Unescorted rail transfers are used in Switzerland and some resorts in France and Austria.
• Transfers are an important part of your holiday and we aim to make your journey to resort as smooth as possible. When comparing prices be aware that some competitors are charging up to £189 per person in Italy and £155 in Austria for transfers that are included* in Inghams prices. *Lake Garda Villa holidays include car hire, not coach transfers.
• You will be met at the airport by an Inghams Rep and transferred to your accommodation from the airport by coach. Occasionally this may include transport by minibus, taxi, train or boat. Guests travelling to different resorts may be on the same coach, and the transfer itinerary may include dropping off guests at resorts en route.
• Approximate distances and transfer times from overseas airports to resorts (excl. time at the airport) are shown on each resort page. Journey times may vary due to traffic and weather conditions. Times given are only a guide.
• It may be necessary to wait for guests arriving on other flights, but we try to keep waiting time to a minimum.
• In a few Austrian/Italian resorts it may not be possible for the coach to reach the hotel due to the layout of the resort centre. We will try to arrange for the hotels to send a taxi/minibus to collect you and/or your luggage.
• For transfers to Switzerland and Lake Constance see opposite.
Exclusive Private Transfers
Transfers to Swiss Resorts and Lake Constance
Transfers in Switzerland via Zurich and Geneva airports are by train, using the excellent Swiss Federal and mountain railways. Your journey may involve changes of trains, and some transfers also involve travel by a local bus, boat or cable car. Zurich and Geneva have railway stations within the airport. Onward transfers within resorts to/from your accommodation are included by taxi/minibus/bus where necessary. Swiss trains, railway stations etc operate a ‘no-smoking’ policy. Some competitors charge £115 per person for rail transfers in Switzerland.
First-class rail tickets are available for Swiss transfers (and Constance, Germany) at a supplement:
• £33 Single-centre holidays
• £33 ‘Mont Blanc Express’ (upgrade applies on Swiss trains only from Martigny to Visp)
• £40 Single centre holidays to Bregenz, Lindau & Lochau
• £63 Glacier Express, Golden Pass & William Tell Express
• £83 Two-centre combinations
NB. Must be booked at time of confirmation.
Swiss Half-Price Card
Worth over £80, this card is included in the holiday price for all Inghams guests travelling to Switzerland. This entitles you to a 50% reduction on first or second class travel on most of the Swiss Transport network, including all mainline railways, regular public and postbus routes (not PTT excursions), most lake ferries and steamers and many cable cars and mountain railways.
NB Half-Price card not included for guests travelling to Lindau, Lochau & Bregenz. When pre-booking a ‘Swiss Pass’, this is issued in addition to your Half-Price card & resort transfer ticket.
Fly-Luggage – Switzerland (Optional)
Swiss Railways operate a service which enables you to send your luggage all the way from your UK airport, on check-in, to your hotel in Switzerland. This service is available to all guests flying to Geneva or Zurich airports at an extra cost of £14 per item each way. Please purchase at time of booking.
• Check-in your luggage at your UK airport, with fly-rail baggage label attached.
• Please note: Your luggage will normally arrive at your hotel the morning after you arrive in Switzerland, so it is vital that you carry an overnight bag with you with all essentials.
• Luggage will arrive in resort at the railway station and be collected and brought to your accommodation for you by your Inghams representative (system varies by resort).
• Luggage normally needs to be sent from your Swiss resort back to the airport the day before your flight home. Your Inghams representative will arrange this for you.
• Please note: You may only be able to send your luggage as far as Geneva or Zurich airport. For security reasons you may need to collect it at the airport railway station and check-in for your flight with it as normal.
• If you are flying with Swiss International Airlines, you can normally send you luggage back to your UK airport without collecting it at the Swiss airport.
Please note that this service is not included in the basic holiday package.
Two Centre and Multi-Centre Holidays
Luggage registration within Switzerland between centres is not included but can usually be arranged locally for a small charge, if required.
Swiss Classic Tour - Transportation of one piece of luggage per person is included from Lucerne to St. Moritz, St. Moritz to Zermatt and Zermatt to Grindelwald only.
You can combine two resorts within the same country which use the same overseas airport. You can also combine 2 countries.
We recommend you call us for an up-to-the minute quotation or check online for prices. However, as a guide, you can use the following instructions to calculate the price of your two-centre holiday.
2 week holidays (7 + 7 nights)
Simply add the two 7 night holiday prices together for each resort and deduct £200.
|Hotel Kramerwirt||7 nights in June from||= £639|
|Hotel Alpina||7 nights in June from||= £569|
|Deduct two centre reduction||- £200|
|Total 2 centre holiday price||14 nights in June from||= £1,008 per person|
with 3 or 4 night resort combinations
|1 week holidays||(3 + 4 days|
|10 night holidays||(7 + 3 days)|
|11 night holidays||(7 + 4 days)|
|14 night holidays||11 + 3 days or 10 + 4 days|
Please call for prices as 3 and 4 night durations are not shown in the brochure.
(10, 11 or 14 nights)
To calculate simply add the 3, 4 or 7 night city break price directly from page onto the 7, 10 or 11 night holiday price for your second centre (the city break prices do not include flights so there is no deduction to be made).
Any 2 resorts within Austria can be combined which use the same airport (ie Innsbruck with Innsbruck/ Salzburg with Salzburg). Transfers are via the airport and direct transfers are possible in some cases at a supplement.
Two centres are possible between any 2 resorts within Slovenia. Transfers are via Ljubljana airport and are on Wednesdays and Saturdays
Almost any 2 resorts within Italy can be combined which use the same airport. Transfers are via the airport and some direct transfers are possible at a supplement. Shorter transfers via Rovereto are included for Merano & Selva.
2 COUNTRIES IN 2 WEEKS
La Villa can be combined with any resort in Austria served by Innsbruck airport.
FRANCE You can combine any 2 resorts within France. Transfers are included via the local rail and bus network. Please call our Reservations department for details. SWITZERLAND Multi-centre holidays of any duration are possible within Switzerland, with scheduled flights that depart almost daily. You can combine any 2 or more resorts of your choice (transfer via the Swiss transport network included). You can therefore choose the exact itinerary that suits you.
2 COUNTRIES IN 2 WEEKS:
SWITZERLAND & GERMANY or AUSTRIA
For details of Norway multi centre holidays, please click HERE
By Air In most cases, the two resorts that you choose must be available from the same UK and overseas airports, though there are a few exceptions. The transfer between your first and second centre is normally by coach, but can also involve minibus, rail, taxi or boat depending on the resorts you select. The transfer coach runs via the airport and occasionally via other resorts. A short wait at the airport may be unavoidable. The cost of transfers via the airport is included in your holiday cost. Between certain other resorts however, direct transfers by taxi/minibus are available at a supplement of £75 per person. These are not private transfers and may be shared with other guests.
By Rail We offer rail services from the UK to Austria, France, Italy and Switzerland. This means you can enjoy a two-centre holiday by rail to more places than ever before. Most resorts in Switzerland, Austria and France, where we offer a rail service from the UK, can be combined within the same country. For more information, please click HERE In Italy you can pair two of the Lake Garda resorts You can also combine Talloires in France with some Swiss resorts. Transfers between resorts are usually by rail, but may involve a coach journey via the airport.
By Car If you are driving from the UK, you can visit any two destinations in the countries where we offer self-drive holidays. For more information, please click HERE All we ask is that you arrive on the same day as our flight arrivals (usually Wednesday or Saturday). In most cases you can also combine two resorts in different countries - please call our reservations team for advice.