Just 10 km from its slightly bigger sister village of Ischgl, charming Galtür lies at an altitude of 1,584 metres in the upper Paznaun Valley. With a resident population of less than 1,000, this is a tranquil place with a handful of shops and cafés and a supermarket 500 metres from the village square. The area has invigorating mountain air and lush grazing pastures, and is part of a magnificent walking area of 300km of marked trails, and the excellent cable-car and chairlift network make it possible to access the furthest points of the valley before returning home every day. The free Silvretta Card is excellent value for getting around.
Things to do in resort
The village itself has a sports centre with an indoor swimming pool and indoor tennis court. As well as the many trails for Alpine and Nordic walkers, this is also one of the Alps’ prime mountain biking areas with many dedicated biking trails. You can also go fishing, or rafting in the Imster Canyon. And one of Austria's finest panoramic roads, the 'Silvretta High Alpine Route', stretches from the Paznaun Valley to the province of Vorarlberg; this is only passable in the summer months, and is a unique route not to be missed by bus!
In & Around
- Handful of shops and cafes
- Alpine and Nordic walking
- Tennis courts
- Sport Centre with indoor pool
Galtür 'Silvretta' Resort Card - Free to all guests
The fantastic value ‘Ischgl & Galtür - Silvretta card’ is available from your hotel and gives you.
- Free use of all lifts in Ischgl, Galtür, Samnaun, Kappl and See
- Free use of all buses along the valley
- Free guided walks in Ischgl, Galtür, Kappl and See
- Free use of indoor and outdoor swimming pools in Ischgl & Galtür and spa park in See
- Free children’s and youth’s activity programme
- Free entrance to Alpinarium Galtur and museum Ischgl
Location in resort
- Longitude: 10.187425
- Latitude: 46.966726
For more information on travel and transport visit our Galtur page