Known for its sophisticated skiing and royal connections in the winter, Lech in the summer is a chocolate box village with a river running through and wonderful opportunities for walks and wildlife spotting. There are exclusive boutiques to browse plus cafes and an excellent outdoor swimming pool surrounded by pine forests and lawns. The unspoilt beauty of the area, with pretty lakes dotted around rugged terrain is unique to the region and is ideal for rambling as well as more adventurous hiking. The Lech Summer Active Card, FREE (from 24 June 2017) to all Inghams guests, includes free use of the lifts and walkers' buses, as well as entrance to many attractions including a lovely open-air pool in the forest, themed hiking trails, the kids active club and regular day or evening entertainment.
The Kids Active Club for children from the age of four is open from Monday to Friday. Without parents, but under the supervision of professional staff , the young guests go on an adventure: fishing in Zug fish pond, splashing in the Lech forest swimming pool, pottering and exploring in the forest camp with its tree house or in the Indian tepee with a large barbecue area next to a small stream - there is plenty of variety, fun and excitement. The Kids Active Club is open on weekdays from 4 July to 9 September from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm.
Things to do in resort
- Cable cars
Holidays in Lech offer a variety of excellent activities: there are several quaint shops and cafés plus an excellent outdoor swimming pool surrounded by pine forests and lawns. The unspoilt beauty of the area, with pretty lakes dotted around rugged terrain is unique to the region and is ideal for rambling as well as more adventurous hiking. Also unique is the Lech Active Summer Card, which gives all guests in Lech free use of all chairlifts, cable-cars and buses in the area throughout their stay, as well as a full programme of guided walks and many other attractions.
Other things to do in and around Lech
- Over 250km of walking trails
- Shops, Boutiques & cafes
- 5 cable-cars & chairlifts in the valley
- Selection of guided & themed walks
- Special hikers’ buses
- Good biking tracks with FREE bike hire available from most hotels
- Forest swimming pool
- Golf-course and golf-academy
- Crazy golf
- 3 museums
- Fishing in nearby Zug
- Tennis, squash & badminton courts
- River rafting
- Open-air brass band concerts and folklore evenings.
Location in resort
- Longitude: 10.1406716
- Latitude: 47.205813
- Nearest Lift:
- A leisurely 5 minutes’ (500m) stroll along the road running parallel to the river leads to the Rüfiplatz where you can take the Rüfikopf gondola up to the panorama restaurant from where you can enjoy wonderful views over Lech and the walking region.
- The gondola from Lech to Oberlech takes you up to the sun terrace of Oberlech, where a great starting point for lovely walks on the Tannberg. Also in operation in summer is the Petersboden chair lift as well as the Steffisalp Express chair lift.
For more information on travel and transport visit our Lech page