|From £1,295 per person, please call to book|
- See the different landscapes of Italy's largest lake, from the vineyards of the south to the mountainous north
- Enjoy free time in bustling Desenzano
- A full day excursion in Venice will give you plenty of free time to wander along the canals and see the city's most famous sights
- A scenic ferry transfer will take you from Desenzano to Riva
- A full day wine tour where you’ll taste some of the finest wines of the Veneto and Trentino regions
- A full day excursion to the Dolomites is included
Day 1: UK to Lake Garda
Arrive into Verona airport and transfer by coach to your hotel in Desenzano. Hotel Piccola Vela is a great base for the next four nights. Take some time to unpack before taking a short stroll into Desenzano's centre for your first glimpse of the lake.
Day 2: Desenzano
Today’s a free day to get to know the area at your own pace. Desenzano combines a picturesque lakeside setting with the vibrant atmosphere of a thriving Italian community. Stroll through the busy historic centre and experience its café culture. The pretty harbour is surrounded by bars and restaurants, perfect for a spot of lunch or an evening aperitivo.
Day 3: Desenzano
Desenzano’s well connected to all the major towns on the lake so hop on a boat to discover other nearby resorts. Sirmione’s just 20 minutes away and has loads to see from castles to Roman ruins – head to the gelateria for a couple of scoops and start exploring. Verona is also easy to reach by the local bus or train.
Day 4: Venice
Today we've included an excursion to Venice. You’ll have around four hours of free time to explore the Basilica, the Doge's Palace and the Rialto Bridge. Or, choose to take one of the optional tours including a gondola ride or a cruise around the Lagoon.
Day 5: Desenzano to Riva
Transfer to your second centre by public ferry. The scenic journey takes a leisurely 5 hours, travelling along the length of the lake to Riva.
Day 6: Riva
The mild climate in Lake Garda makes for perfect grape growing conditions and you'll spend today sipping some of the Veneto and Trentino region's fine wines on the included excursion.
Day 7: The Dolomites
Today you’ll take a full day tour to the Dolomites, one of the most spectacular mountain ranges in the world. Soak up the scenery as you journey over the passes between Selva and Val di Fassa. The region’s a melting pot of Austrian and Italian cultures and is known for its superb food and characterful towns.
Days 8-11: Riva
Spend your last few days exploring the north of Lake Garda. You can cycle your way from Riva to Limone or use the excellent bus and boat connections to see nearby resorts like Malcesine. If you like walking, we recommend taking the stunning old Ponale Road - it’s a picturesque path linking Riva and Lake Ledro. Riva’s known for its water sports, especially sailing and wind surfing, so if you’re looking to get out onto the water you’ll have plenty of options.
Day 12: Lake Garda to UK
Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
- 11 nights accommodation (4 nights bed & breakfast and 7 nights half board)
- Airport transfers by coach
- Scenic ferry transfer from Desenzano to Riva on day 5 (approx. 5 hours)
- Full day excursion to Venice on day 4
- Wine tour on day 6
- Full day excursion to the Dolomites on day 7
Your holiday excludes:
- Hotel city tax
- Extras, drinks and personal expenses
★★★★ Hotel Piccola Vela, Desenzano (4 nights)
This charming hotel has a great location close to the centre of Desenzano. You'll find a friendly service here with contemporary rooms and well-decorated public spaces. A small swimming pool is located in the hotel's gardens.
★★★★ Hotel Europa, Riva (7 nights)
Hotel Europa overlooks the lake from Riva's colourful promenade. Rooms are comfortable and the public areas include a rooftop pool where you can admire the lake and mountain views.
- Saturday from June to mid-September