A highly recommended combination encompassing the best scenery the Fjord Norway region has to offer – starting in the fjordside village of Balestrand on the mighty Sognefjord, you will have an opportunity to travel on the famous Flåm railway or visit Fjaerland with its Glacier Museum. From here, your included transfer will take you over the magical Gauler Mountains to Loen on the Nordfjord with its spectacular glacier and sparkling lakes. The areas that surround Loen are arguably home to the fjords’ greatest display of natural beauty and there are good walking opportunities here especially now with the addition of the new Skylift cable-car. The last leg of your journey takes you to the Atlantic Coast and the Art Nouveau city of Ålesund, where regular boats take visitors to the surrounding small islands and fishing skerries.
|2020 Departures on sale now!|
- Beautiful express boat transfer from Bergen to Balestrand
- Travel through the Gauler mountains from Balestrand to Loen
- Discover both the Nordfjord and Sognefjord
- Visit the Aksla viewpoint for panoramic views over Ålesund
Day 1: UK to Balestrand
Fly to Bergen airport and transfer toBalestrandon the Sognefjord, known as ‘King of the Fjords’ for being the longest and deepest fjord in Norway and stretching over 200km. Exploring this fjord is a real treat with an opportunity to enjoy picturesque boat trips, gentle walking routes along the shore, the impressive Jøstedal glacier and the world’s steepest gauge railway from Flåm.
Day 4 or 5: Balestrand to Loen
A spectacular 3 hour drive over the magical Gauler mountains toLoenon the Nordfjord, your base for the next 3 or 4 nights. Trips to the famous Geiranger Fjord or to the emerald lakes and ice-blue glaciers of the Lodal and Briksdal valleys are a must and the new Skylift cable-car from the village provides further exploring opportunities with several walking trails at the top, not to mention the views. The spa and pool facilities at the Hotel Alexandra provide a great setting to relax and unwind after your day out.
Day 8: Loen to Ålesund
Another scenic transfer to the vibrant Art Nouveau city ofÅlesundallows you to sit back and admire the spectacular scenery of the Nordfjord and Sunnmøre regions up close. Once in Ålesund, explore its museums, discover its interesting architecture and surrounding islands or simply take a stroll along its pretty waterfront.
Day 11 or 12: Ålesund to UK
Return by shuttle to Ålesund airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Return flights from the UK
- Scenic transfers to and from the airport and between each resort*
- Accommodation with private facilities throughout
- Half board meals included in Balestrand (Hotel Kviknes only) and Loen
- Bed & Breakfast in Ålesund & Balestrand (Hotel Midtnes only)
- 'Meet & Greet' service throughout your stay, with a welcome to the resort and 24/7 phone service
*For guests arriving into Bergen on indirect flights via Amsterdam, transfers from Bergen airport to Balestrand will be by minibus. For all other guests, transfers will be by coastal express boat (transfer from airport to boat quay included)
Your holiday excludes:
- Any extras, drinks, gratuities and personal expenses
Monday departures (11 nights) - 4 nights Balestrand, 3 nights Loen, 4 nights Ålesund
Friday departures (10 nights) - 3 nights Balestrand, 4 nights Loen, 3 nights Ålesund
- Any Monday or Friday throughout the summer