Beautifully positioned with a magnificent backdrop of snow-dusted peaks and cool blue glaciers, Saas Fee is a picturesque traffic-free mountain resort retaining the charm of its rural past, with narrow winding streets and sun-worn houses and barns. The walking possibilities are endless and the FREE use of most resort lifts and local buses for all guests make it easy to explore this beautiful area. Several cable-cars and chairlifts take you up above the village for spectacular views and higher walking paths, many above the treeline. The local buses, which take you to the nearby villages of Saas Grund, Saas Balen and Saas Allmagell are also included. A must is a ride on the Metro Alpin, the world’s highest underground funicular railway, to stop for a delicious lunch at the top of Mittelallalin for superb 360° views. Our hotels in Saas Fee offer a great choice of accommodation. Saas-Fee’s traffic-free streets are also lined with a good selection of shops, cafés, bars and restaurants to relax away the afternoons.
Things to do in resort
- Cable cars
- Via Ferrata
- Mini golf
- New sports centre
- Adventure park
In Saas Fee the walking possibilities are endless, and several cable-cars and chairlifts take you up above the village for spectacular views and higher paths. A must is a ride to the summit of the Metro Alpin, the world's highest underground funicular railway. Many Saas Fee hotels organise guided walks and picnics for guests to enjoy, whilst the tourist office also arranges a regular programme of concerts and folklore events. The village has a good selection of cafés, bars and restaurants. A day-trip to Zermatt to see the iconic Matterhorn is a must!
Other things to do in and around Saas Fee
- Ice Palace and revolving restaurant with 360° views at Mittelallalin
- 20km of summer skiing - the summer training ground for many national teams
- Saas Museum of village life through the ages
- Newly opened 'Aqua Allalin' resort pool and wellness area with sauna, steam bath and whirlpool
- 9 hole golf course and mini-golf
- Selection of excellent mountain restaurants
- ‘Nostalgic Culinary Mile’ celebrating the traditional food and costume of the region takes place approx. 5 Sep
- Excellent range of activities suitable for families including meeting the marmottes, crazy gold, adventure forest, children's playground, monster scooters, themed walking trails and Ice Pavilion.
- Via Ferrata for beginners from Jun-September at Saas-Grund
Resort Card - Free use of resort lifts for all guests staying in Saas Fee partner hotels.
Your ‘Saas Fee Resort Card’* is provided by your hotel on arrival and gives you:
- Free unlimited use of most resort lifts including:
- Felskinn cable-car (mid Jun - mid Jul)
- Alpin Express (mid Jul - Oct)
- Hannig gondola (mid Jun - Oct)
- Plattjen gondola (beg Jul - Oct)
- Kreuzboden gondola (mid Jun - Oct)
- Speilboden gondola (mid Jun - Oct)
- Langfluh (mid Jun - Oct)
- Free use of local post buses to surrounding villages in Saas valley: Saas Balen, Saas Grund, Saas Allmagell
Subject to change. Metro Alpin and Hohsaas lifts not included (pay locally). Spielboden/Langfluh is due to be closed during Summer 2016 for renovations.
Discount Travel Card included for all Inghams guests
Save up to 50% with your half-price card on trips of your choice across the Swiss transport network. Included in the price of your holiday, and worth over £100!
Travel card sent to you before departure with your rail transfer tickets.
Exploring on the Swiss Transport Network
Switzerland's excellent public transport network of mountain railways, cable-cars, steam boats and buses makes it a pleasure to explore the sights, at your own pace.
Car hire is available
Location in resort
- Longitude: 7.9248433
- Latitude: 46.109012
For more information on travel and transport visit our Saas Fee page