Coronavirus: advice for guests

It is with much regret that due to the unprecedented and constantly evolving situation of Coronavirus, we have unfortunately had to suspend our operations up to and including the 13 July 2020.

Our summer specialist team are in the process of contacting all guests due to travel with us in the next few weeks with further information regarding their holidays.

We are experiencing a high volume of calls at the moment and apologise for any delays experienced. We will contact those due to depart soonest first and we kindly ask for your patience and to only contact us if urgent. If you have booked via a travel agent, they will be your point of contact.

We continue to monitor the situation and pay constant attention to the guidance from the UK’s Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO), ABTA, Public Health England and local health authorities in our destinations.

For guests who are concerned about their travel plans in light of the Coronavirus outbreak, we answer the most commonly asked questions below.


Frequently Asked Questions

Is my holiday going to take place as planned?

In light of the current FCO advice against all non-essential international travel in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have now suspended all our operations until 13 July 2020. If you are due to travel in the next few weeks, we will contact you in due course with further information regarding your holiday. We ask you to please be patient as we will be contacting those customers with the most imminent departures as a priority.


How will I know if my travel plans are going to be affected?

The unpredictable impacts of the Coronavirus mean that decisions about changes or amendments to your holiday may be no more than a few days before you are due to depart. We pay constant attention to the guidance from the UK’s Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO), ABTA, Public Health England and local health authorities in our destinations. We will respond to any advice by the FCO against non-essential travel to your destination, and will contact you as soon as it is clear we won’t be able to provide your holiday at the originally planned time.


I’ve got a summer holiday with Inghams, will that still go ahead?

We have now suspended operations until 13 July 2020. All holidays after this date are currently due to go ahead as planned, but as this is a rapidly changing situation, we will continue to closely monitor FCO advice and will only contact you if the advice about travelling changes 14 days prior to your departure date.


Will I be entitled to a refund if Inghams has to cancel or make a significant change to my holiday due to the Coronavirus outbreak?

Due to the ongoing situation regarding COVID-19, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office have now advised against all but essential international travel. We will therefore be suspending all holidays departing up to and including the 13 July 2020.

We will proactively contact all customers due to travel up to and including the 13 July. to offer a range of flexible options, and we are grateful to those customers who have chosen to move their holiday to a later date. For those customers who are not able to postpone their holiday, we kindly ask for your ongoing patience as we work through the refund requests.

Please remember it is a condition of our booking terms that you have valid travel insurance.


Can I get a refund if I chose to cancel/curtail my holiday?

If you decide not to travel and choose to cancel your holiday before departure and the FCO advice does not advise against travel at that time, we are not able to offer any refund for your holiday or ski extras and our usual cancellation terms apply. Equally, if we make the decision to suspend your holidays to a given destination and you cancelled before we took that action, we will not offer a refund retrospectively.

We strongly recommend that you keep your booking in place and await a change to FCO advice. If FCO advice has changed, wait for us to contact you, which we will do at least 14 days prior to departure, where time allows. If you have underlying health concerns, we would recommend that you speak to your GP and travel insurer, who may offer a degree of cover for cancellation on these grounds.


I haven’t yet paid the balance for my holiday. Can I pay later while I wait and see what happens?

In light of the ongoing situation regarding COVID-19, we have delayed the date on which your balance payment is due to 6 weeks before your holiday start date (instead of the usual 10 weeks). After 6 weeks our usual cancellation charges apply (including the full cost of any flights we have booked on your behalf).


Will I be covered by my travel insurance if I decide to cancel?

This will depend on the terms of your policy. Depending on the reason for your cancellation (for example if you are concerned about a serious underlying medical condition), you should contact your travel insurance provider to check if you can make a claim.


Where can I check for up-to-date travel and health information for my destination?


If you are due to travel with Flybe click here.

Feefo badge