|For more information or to book our Coastal Cities Twin Centre Holiday, call 01483 79 11 11|
The small, authentic city of Stavanger is home to the Lysefjord, the impressive Pulpit Rock and some of southern Norway’s best walking terrain, whilst vibrant Bergen with its historic colourful Bryggen Wharf and Fløiban funicular is a must for most visitors to the fjords. This holiday combines these 2 popular, yet contrasting cities, taking in some of the best-known attractions in Fjord Norway along the way as well as a memorable and scenic coastal cruise on the new ferry route linking the two ports with breakfast on board.
Day 1 (Monday or Friday) Fly to Stavanger, where a transferwill be waiting to take you to your harbour front hotel (approx. 20 minutes). Awelcome pack detailing the options for your stay in Stavanger will be provided on arrival at your hotel. The Tourist Office, also located in the harbour area offer Inghams guests a welcome meeting to discuss the many excursion possibilities.
Day 2 (Tuesday or Saturday) A visit to the Preisketolen ‘Pulpit Rock’ is a must, and guests can choose whether to take the Lysefjord cruise, the cruise & hike option to ascend the rock, or an ‘Off the Beaten Track’ guided hike. The ‘Swords in Rock’ monument is another important stop for many visitors, as are the amazing ‘Flor & Fjære’ gardens, located on a remote island approximately 20 minutes outside of Stavanger centre. A selection of museums also provide an interesting insight into the history and culture of the area.
Day 4 or 5 (Friday or Monday) A memorable cruise along the fjord coast north to Bergen on the new Fjordline ferry route. With comfortable seating and buffet breakfast included on board, you can just sit back and enjoy the scenery – it’s a great alternative to the usual transfers by road as it takes you past the many fjord coast islands. Arriving in Bergen for midday, your Inghams Representative will meet you on arrival for your transfer to your city hotel.
Day 5 or 6 (Saturday or Tuesday) Once in Bergen, you have plenty of time to explore this wonderful city. After visiting the main attractions of the fishmarket, Bryggen Wharf and museums, why not head up the Fløiban funicular for walking trails, panoramic city views and canoeing at the ‘Shoemaker’s Lake’. Visit Edvard Greig’s house for an introduction to his life and piano recital of some of his works, try one of the city’s new food tours, or even discover the old.
Day 8 (Monday or Friday) Return to Bergen airport for your flight back to the UK or transfer by boat to Balestrand for guests extending their holiday.
Extend your stay Guests may choose to add a stay in the quiet village of Balestrand on the Sognefjord at the end of their holiday. Transfers to/from Bergen are by 4-hour coastal express boat are included.
- • Return flights from the UK into Stavanger and back from Bergen (some supplements may apply)
- • Return transfers to and from the airport
- • Scenic transfer by 5-hour coastal cruise on Fjordline ferry line from Stavanger to Bergen
- • Breakfast included on board coastal cruise
- • Accommodation with private facilities throughout
- • Bed & Breakfast in Stavanger & Bergen
- • Inghams Rep in Bergen (and Balestrand if extending to 10/11 nights)
- • Inghams 'Meet & Greet' service in Stavanger centre
Departure dates & prices for 2019
- Monday departures = 4 nights Stavanger, 3 nights Bergen (+4 nights in Balestrand if extending to 11 nights at end of stay)
- Friday departures = 3 nights Stavanger, 4 nights Bergen (+ 3 nights in Balestrand if extending to 10 nights at end of stay)
- Prices from £889 in standard hotels
- Prices from £959 in superior hotels
Accommodation: Guests will have a choice of either 'standard' hotels or 'superior' hotels.
Stavanger Hotel Victoria ★★★
Bergen Hotel Augustin ★★★+
Stavanger Clarion Collection Skagen Brygge ★★★★
Bergen Hotel First Marin ★★★★
Departure flights to Ålesund from:
- Or indirect flights via Amsterdam from regional airports available on request
- Flight supplements may apply
|For more information or to book our Glaciers & Coast Twin Centre Holiday call 01483 79 11 11|