We've been helping you explore your passions for over 85 years. You're in safe hands when you book with us and to give you extra peace of mind we've put extra measures in place to help keep you and your money safe.
We also have a list of frequently asked questions.
Covid-19 refund promise
If things change and we have to cancel your holiday because of Covid, you can pick another trip, or get a full refund.
ATOL & ABTA protection
These schemes are backed by the government, so whatever happens, your money is protected.
We’re in a strong position
We’re part of a much bigger family of businesses. Our parent company is a large Swiss supermarket and retailer called Migros, so as a group, we’re stronger together.
Reserve your holiday for just £155pp.
Your final balance will be due 10 weeks before departure. For some dates we might need to increase the deposit a little to secure your choice of flights.
No amendment fee from us if you need to change something
We’ve also scrapped our general amendment fee until the date when the final balance is due. Most of our partners have done this too, giving you the flexibility to make changes.
If any partners do charge a fee, we might have to pass it on though.
We’ll do our very best to make sure your holiday is everything you expect it to be. Due to the constantly evolving nature of the Covid-19 crisis, we might need to change or withdraw some advertised accommodation facilities and resort services so we can keep everyone safe. Wherever we can, we’ll let you know about this in advance, but sometimes it might be at very short notice.
Covid-specific training and lots of extra cleaning
All partner hotels will be managed by their own local, professional teams - compliant with Covid laws of that country. We only work with very carefully chosen, trusted partners.
For the accommodation we manage:
- All staff will have Covid-specific hygiene training, along with safety equipment (PPE).
- The communal areas will be disinfected several times a day, with deep cleans on transfer day.
- All adults and children over 12 years old will need to wear face coverings in communal areas of chalets and chalet hotels when in close proximity to individuals outside their own bubble.
- We won’t offer self-service food. Your meal will be served to you from a buffet or at your table - distanced from other tables and/or guests – by staff wearing appropriate PPE.
- Breakfast and dinner may be served in two sittings to allow for social distancing space between guests. We’ll do our very best to meet your preference of dining time, but isn’t guaranteed.
- Within smaller chalets with communal dining tables, guests will be seated at an appropriate social distance from other household groups dining at the same table, in line with local regulations.
- Hotel bar operating hours will be subject to local regulations and this may mean earlier than usual closing times. All bars will operate a table service policy in line with local guidelines.
- There’s a midweek room clean but you can choose not to have it if you prefer no-one goes into your room.
- Our overseas reps will manage everything from a central point, electronically and over the phone as much as possible. This is to minimise any risk of spreading infection.
- All staff members will be required to wear face coverings in communal areas of chalets and chalet hotels when in close proximity to individuals outside their own bubble.
- All staff will be required to certify they are not experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms before starting work each day. Any staff experiencing symptoms will not attend work and appropriate actions will be made in line with local regulations and our own protocols.
- Where we have your contact phone number, one of our overseas team will give you a call around 2 weeks before you are due to travel to chat through anything you need to know about your holiday and answer any questions you might have.
No large events:
- We won’t be offering any group excursions in summer or après events for large amounts of people in winter, to reduce risk for everyone on holiday.
Spa areas, hot tubs and swimming pools:
- Opening hours and numbers of guests in spa areas, hot tubs and swimming pools may be restricted, depending on local regulations. Where they’re open, there will be lots of extra cleaning, water testing and disinfecting.
- Where we are able, we will allow spa facilities to be pre-booked in time slots once in resort, with space between each use for additional cleaning.
- Everyone, including staff, are expected to wear face coverings when travelling on any transport to and from the resort, in line with all local regulations. You’ll need to bring your own face covering.
- In some countries and regions, you may need to wear face coverings when you’re in other public areas, both indoors and outside. Do check the local regulations before you travel and bring a few spares.
And remember, the best way to stay safe is to regularly wash your hands with soap and water and keep a social distance from others. For latest advice: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
Preparing for your holiday
We’re available for any advice while you’re thinking about booking, or preparing to go away. Just call us and we’ll help.
While you’re away
When you’re on holiday, our local staff will be there to support you if you need it, or just a phone call away. You’re never on your own.
85 years of trust and experience
Lots of you chose to postpone the holidays you’d already booked, which shows how much our customers trust us. We were touched by the vote of confidence during a crisis we’ve never seen before - thank you.
You can judge us by our actions
Once it was clear that destinations were shutting down, and that lockdown was coming, we did the right thing:
- We got everyone home, as fast as possible.
- We postponed holidays to next year.
- We happily gave everyone a refund who wanted one.
Be prepared with Covid-19 Travel Insurance
We would highly recommend that you take out additional Covid-19 travel insurance. Many travel insurance policies will no longer cover you as standard if your holiday is disrupted due to Coronavirus, but there are new policies and add-ons appearing on the market that will. over for any unforeseen circumstances between booking and departing on holiday as well as while on holiday.
Our insurance partner Campbell Irvine offer travel insurance with additional comprehensive Covid-19 cover and will be happy to give you a quote. To contact them, please visit here for winter trips and here for summer.
- UK health authorities are providing detailed advice on travel which is available at gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
- Travellers are advised to read the FCDO travel advice for the country they are travelling to. Visit gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- The National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC) TravelHealthPro website provides specific country-by-country travel health advice
- The NHS website has useful information about how to take preventative measures against Coronavirus at nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
- ABTA has updated advice and FAQs for travellers at abta.com/coronavirus
- ABTA also has a leaflet that offers handy tips and information for anyone preparing to travel overseas. You can either download their mobile version or print your own at home.
- Useful info about travel rights and insurance: moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/02/coronavirus-travel-help-and-your-rights/