Wengen lies on a sunny, sheltered terrace below the Jungfrau, Mönch and Eiger mountains and has spectacular views across the Lauterbrunnen valley. Everyone arrives in this charming village by mountain train as it is virtually traffic-free, and a variety of small shops, cafés and bars line the main street. Our hotels in Wengen offer you a great choice of accommodation. There are many delightful walks around and above the village, meandering through pine forests and flower-filled meadows. The excellent network of mountain railways and cable-cars makes Wengen the perfect base from which to explore the entire Jungfrau region and its fabulous walking. Don’t miss a trip to the top of the Jungfraujoch or Männlichen cable-car for magnificient views!
Things to do in resort
- Public outdoor swimming pool, mini-golf and tennis
- Main promenade with several charming cafés and gift shops
- ‘Forest Trail’ around Wengen leads through the village forest and shows you many trees and plants with their names (map available from tourist office, approx. Sfr1)
- Classical music concerts in high season
- Weekly early morning mountain wildlife observation walks
- Fortnightly folklore evenings in high season
- Excellent train links for day trips to Berne and Lucerne
- Selection of great mountain restaurants with Swiss specialities
- Easy transport links to Interlaken, Grindelwald, Mürren, Wilderswil and Schynige Platte alpine garden
Discount Travel Card included for all Inghams guests
Save up to 50% with your half-price card on trips of your choice across the Swiss transport network. Included in the price of your holiday, and worth over £100!
Travel card sent to you before departure with your rail transfer tickets.
Exploring on the Swiss Transport Network
Switzerland's excellent public transport network of mountain railways, cable-cars, steam boats and buses makes it a pleasure to explore the sights, at your own pace.
Great Value Travel Passes
Purchase a travel pass and only pay one inclusive price for your trips:
(Prices shown include Travel Card discount)
Jungfrau Travel Pass (pre-bookable) From £97 3 days, £141 6 days, £161 7 days, £180 8 days.
Enjoy 6 consecutive days Free travel on trains, cable-cars, gondolas and boats within the Jungfrau region including:
- Free train travel to Wengen, Mürren, Interlaken, Wilderswil and Lauterbrunnen
- Free travel on ‘First’ gondola, Männlichen cable-car and gondola and Harder Kulm funicular
- Free travel on Schynige Platte cog railway for alpine garden
- Now also includes boat trips on Lakes Thun and Brienz (5 + 6 days passes only)
Supplement applies for Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn. Family Card not valid with Jungfrau Travel Pass, children up to 16yrs must purchase a Jungfrau Junior Travel Card locally (Sfr 30)
Bernese Oberland Regional Pass (pre-bookable)* From £144 4 days, £183 6 days.
For those wanting to travel further afield within the region, this good value pass gives you 4, 6, 8 or 10 consecutive days FREE travel on regional trains, buses and boats, including:
- Trains to Gstaad, Thun, Meiringen and Adelboden
- Brienzer Rothorn and Niesen mountain railways
- Unlimited cruising on Lakes Thun and Brienz
- Mountain transport within the Jungfrau Region
*Family Card not valid with Bernese Oberland Regional Pass. Children up to 16yrs must purchase a 'Bernese Oberland Junior Card' locally (approx. Sfr30 per child).
Location in resort
- Longitude: 7.9218
- Latitude: 46.6072
- Nearest Station:
- Distance to Station: 350
- Distance to City Centre: 500
For more information on travel and transport visit our Wengen page