Though April is considered the end of the ski season, there are still resorts that offer you a fantastic snowy conditions, whether you prefer to spend your time on the slopes in sunny weather or you are looking for a last minute winter getaway - Inghams can offer you some great April skiing destinations.
Best ski resorts in April
When looking for the right resorts for your ski and snowboarding trips in April, you want to take a trip to the high altitude, glacier covered and snow-sure destinations.
- With altitude up to 3456m, Tignes’s high altitude means there's a better chance of decent snow still on the slopes.
- Tignes is a ski and snowboarder's dream - with high speed lifts, open pistes and a large, panoramic snow bowl, it’s the perfect place to perfect your skills and learn new tips and tricks.
- A great resort for exploration, with 3 villages linked together by a free shuttle bus - there is so much to see and do off the slopes as there is on. This resort will easily keep you busy for your springtime holiday.
- Reaching an altitude of up to 3,080m, Obergurgl has to be one of the best places to head to in April or over the Easter holidays.
- This resort is surrounded by mountain peaks and glaciers, meaning snow settles here way into the Spring. It's also a great place to come during Easter, as there are ample ski schools for children and adults alike.
- Obergurgl resort is traditional, with rustic charm. The resort has lots of friendly locals making you feel welcome in their restaurants, cafes and shops.
- Saas Fee boasts an altitude of up to 3,500m so you can be sure that this resort will offer you a snowy destination for your ski or snowboarding holiday.
- >Saas Fee has a great snow record and offers the perfect mix of runs - covering all abilities on the piste's, meaning you can enjoy this resort with family and friends.
- This resort has much to offer, from Après ski, Pool and Spa complex, to even a rollercoaster! Meaning it is such a fun place to enjoy and make the most of it.
Best apartments, hotels and chalets for April skiing
Discover the best accommodation options in our April-time skiing resorts across Europe.
- The Walliserhoff Grand Hotel in Saas Fee, Switzerland offers a modern take on traditional Swiss charm and encapsulates the idea of a ski holiday in this country. Being in the centre of the village, it is the ideal location to explore the area but also to access the lifts. It offers some fantastic on-site restaurants as well as a wonderful spa with a large pool.
- This luxury hotel in Obergurgl has everything you could possibly need on your ski and snowboarding holiday. The hotel offers ski-in ski-out, so no time is wasted and has a spa with panoramic views with a Finnish sauna. A great bonus is this hotel also has its very own kids club in case you want to pop off for some adult only ski time.
- This 5 star hotel in Courmayeur lives up to it's grand name and is just moments from the resort centre so everything is on your doorstep. The accommodation is modern and high quality and if you need a rest from the slopes, there is a large, relaxing spa on-site. There is even a garden terrace where you enjoy some Après ski time with stunning views.
- For a truly magical stay in Tignes, this chalet kept to the highest standard - even offering an outside hot tub on the terrace and a very special 'cosmic sauna' with a large viewing window to watch the night sky. It's very close to the ski lifts as well, making it a handy location.
- This accommodation is based in Lech and is at the top when it comes to 5 star hotels, offering a private lift direct from your hotel to the main resorts lift area. With an elevated position in the resort, the views from here are outstanding and the bedrooms are decorated very stylishly.
- These specious and well equipped apartments based in La Plagne are the perfect mix of traditional French and modern accommodation with fantastic on-site facilities including a bar, restaurant, spa and even a mini-market for those last minute supplies.
FAQ's for skiing holidays in April
What is the weather like in April? - The weather tends to be warmer, the sun is out for longer and the resorts tend to be a bit quieter and of course our high altitude resorts still have plenty of snow so it's a great option to go in April.
What's the skiing like in April? - As an avid skier, you may know that April is still considered part of ski season. Surprisingly there is often 'spring snow storms' in high altitude resorts, meaning you can often wake up to a fresh blanket of snow. It's also good to note that glacier skiing is a great option at this time of year to.
Are the towns and villages open in April? - Yes, if the resort is open for skiing then you will find the local shops, restaurants and cafes will be open as well to accommodate the visiting tourists.
Looking for more skiing inspiration?
Inghams have all the knowledge when it comes to booking your April / Easter Holiday skiing trip.
- Easter ski holidays - take a look at our range of deals for the Easter holidays so you can create your perfect family ski holiday.
- Explore some extra resorts we also consider to be great in April and during the Easter holidays via our Insider's Guide.
- Weekly updates- and images on predicated snowfall across a selection of our resorts in Europe and Canada.