Book your December ski holiday today and experience the most wonderful time of the year on the slopes. Experience a traditional Christmas whilst exploring festive markets or ring in the New Year on skis with spectacular firework displays.
Exclusive to December 2023 - save up to £400 per person with our Top December Ski Deals:
Christmas 2023 Holidays
Choose a December ski holiday and experience the magic of Christmas. With snow-covered slopes, roaring log fires and gorgeous views, December ski holidays bring you everything you need for a magical time on and off the slopes. Including holidays departing from the 23rd December.View Christmas holidays
New Year 2023 Holidays
Enjoy New Year's Eve on the slopes and welcome in 2024 on a fresh set of snowy slopes. There's not much to compare to the buzz of skiing on New Year's Day and celebrating New Year's Eve in the mountains – it's a one-of-a-kind experience. Including holidays departing from the 30th December.View New Year holidays
All December 2023 Holidays
Make your December holiday plans now. With no crowds and snow-heavy slopes, a December ski holiday is the ideal time to hit the powder. You can enjoy the winter wonderland of snow, glistening sunshine, and fresh mountain air. Including holidays departing throughout the month of DecemberView December holidays
Our December ski holiday destinations
Take advantage of pre-Christmas deals and empty slopes while avoiding the crowds of peak season with an early season ski trip. We have some great deals on selected European ski resorts available throughout December, including early December departures depending on your destination. If you are unsure of where to book this year, see the best high altitude locations.
Top ski resorts in France for December
Our recommended resorts in France for a December ski holiday:
- Courchevel is the place to be on Christmas Eve, when the Saulire piste hosts a torchlit descent. Father Christmas visits too.
- Tignes rings in the new year with a big countdown with drinks and a fireworks display at midnight.
- Les Arcs hosts a Christmas market, visits from Santa Claus, and a children's torchlit descent. The resort also hosts a New Year's Eve celebration with a DJ, torchlit descent, and fireworks display.
Top ski resorts in Austria for December
Our recommended resorts in Austria for a December ski holiday:
- Obergurgl is a family-friendly ski resort and hosts a magical Christmas market with local foods, music and ice sculptures designed by local artists.
- St Anton is a great resort to visit in December, with a kids Christmas trail, crafting workshops, brass bands and a magical Christmas market. It’s also known for its legendary apres-ski scene - perfect for a New Years celebration.
- Seefeld is the place to go for an authentic Tirolean Christmas. The town lights up with festive Christmas markets, including carol singing and mulled wine.
Top ski resorts in Switzerland for December
Our recommended resorts in Switzerland for a December ski holiday:
- Zermatt has an excellent snow record and in December, you’ll be greeted by a warm and festive atmosphere, with the village light and organised events for the whole family to enjoy.
- Grindelwald resort is jam-packed full of fun winter activities, including tobogganing and winter walking. You’ll experience magical scenery on top of Eiger mountain which overlooks the beautiful village.
- Wengen in December is simply magical. Experience a fairy tale winter in this picturesque resort overlooking Lauterbrunnen valley. Enjoy skiing, walking or simply take in the wonderful winter atmosphere.
Top ski resorts in Andorra for December
Our recommended resorts in Andorra for a December ski holiday:
- Soldeu resort welcomes in the New Year with a torch descent with the local ski and snowboard instructors. Then come midnight, the sky lights up with a spectacular fireworks display.
- Pas de la Casa is a great place to ski for families. The resort welcomes Father Christmas as he makes his way from the Granvalira Platform on a sleigh to the Pas community hall, greeting children on Christmas Eve.
- Arinsal is another great place for families to ski in December. Santa makes an appearance in his grotto and at Arinal gondola station. On New Years Eve, everyone gathers in the resort centre for a magical countdown and celebration.
Top ski resorts in Italy for December
Our recommended resorts in Italy for a December ski holiday:
- Selva has a lovely Christmas market with enchanting wooden shops lining the street. You’ll get to enjoy tasty treats, handmade souvenirs and a mini gondola which stretches the length of the market
- Cervinia’s Christmas market is not to be missed, with local products and handicrafts on sale. The resort celebrates New Year with a torch light procession and firework display, with the town square bustling with live music.
- Courmayeur is a family-friendly resort and celebrates the magical festive season with a meet and greet with Santa Claus and the Marche’ Vert Noel Christmas market. The New Year is welcomed in with a night time torch procession and fire work display.
Christmas departure dates: Turin Resorts – Sun 24th Dec and New Year – Sun 31st Dec
Christmas departure dates: Innsbruck – Sat 23rd Dec and New Year – Sat 30th Dec
Top ski resorts in Canada for December
Our recommended resorts in Canada for a December ski holiday:
- Whistler offers the perfect Christmas and New Year experience with twinkling lights, a snow-covered village, festive events, and plenty of activities to entertain the entire family and plenty of après fun for you and your friends. Winter is the most magical time of the year to visit this resort, with sparkling decorations lighting up the trees throughout the village.
- Banff kicks of the Christmas season with six weeks of magical festivities. Drop by the Christmas market, and walk through the Cascade if Time Garden where you’ll witness a live Christmas story told by the animals and locals of Banff National Park.
- Lake Louise has a range of enchanting Christmas and New Year activities on offer. The resorts has fantastic, lively Christmas markets to enjoy with local food and drinks and festive stalls. Create unforgettable memories with an extraordinary winter ski trip in the breath-taking Canadian Rockies.
Lapland holidays in December
Visit Lapland this Christmas and New Year.
7 Night Holidays
Santa Breaks Holidays
The best accommodation for a December ski holiday
Part of our Santa Breaks holidays, these chocolate box cabins in Lapland are an oasis of calm and offers the perfect base for snowy adventures including husky rides and Northern lights tours.
A charming award-winning family-run hotel only a short walk from the Alpin Express lift. Hotel Park is a great value with comfortable rooms, good food, and a friendly atmosphere.
Chalet Fauner is in a peaceful setting, overlooking the wooded slopes of Rendl, Chalet Fauner is just a five minute walk from the main Galzig ski lift, where the après kicks off at Basecamp.
With a great location opposite the Tennladen lift and nursery slopes, the hotel is easily accessible to Markbachjoch gondola, après ski, and nightlife.
Just by the bottom of the home-run piste, on the skier's side of the village centre, the Hotel de Champoluc is conveniently ski-in ski-out.
This hotel is an ideal choice for keen skiers looking for quick and easy access to the renowned Tignes-Val d'Isère ski area. Just 150m from the Grande Motte funicular, this hotel features an indoor pool and sauna.
Travel With Confidence
When you choose an Inghams holiday, you can travel with confidence. We’re here to take the stress out of travelling. We’ve put extra measures in place for your peace of mind. We’ll help keep both you and your money safe.