If you are wondering where to go skiing or snowboarding in March, you are not alone, Inghams offer fantastic European & Canadian resorts in high altitude destinations, meaning we can offer snow-sure winter holidays all the way through the season, including March.
Best ski resorts in March
When looking for the right resorts for your ski and snowboarding trips in March, you want to take a trip to the high altitude, glacier covered and snow-sure destinations.
- Zermatt offers an impressive high altitude of 3,820m, making it a top destination for decent March snow conditions.
- This resort is ideal for families and beginners due to Zermatt's abundant easy / blue runs, meaning lots of practice space for all ages and abilities.
- This resort is car free, with electric carts and horse-drawn carriage, offering plenty of boutique restaurants and shops.
- With a high altitude of 3,200m, Val Thorens provides snowy pistes well into March and beyond.
- The resort of Val Thorens is ideal if you are looking for some fun Apres Ski, with plenty of pubs, bars and nightclubs.
- With almost door-step skiing and lots of sunshine, especially in March, this lively village has a lot to offer with a relaxing evening atmosphere, offering plenty of restaurants and bars to chose from.
- A high altitude of 2,730m, Banff is certainly worth considering for some March skiing and is also a Canadian National Park so if full of natural beauty and surrounding nature.
- Part of the Ski Big 3 area, Banff is a great for space if you are part of a group looking for a vast expanse of snow.
- Banff offers a warm welcome, with many cafes, bakeries and coffee shops as well as many other activities from skiing, such as snowshoeing or sledding.
- Cervinia is one of the slightly lower of altitude of just over 2000m but the great thing is it's access - slopes connecting to Zermatt, nearby glaciers and a great lift system to accommodate.
- With your international ski pass, the options are endless from this resort with extensive ski and snowboarding. The impressive network of ski slopes will easily keep you busy for a week and more.
- Being on the Italian side, you can enjoy the best quality local Italian cuisine and après bars throughout this this resort.
Best apartments, hotels and chalets for March skiing
Discover the best accommodation options in our March-time skiing resorts across Europe.
- If you are looking for opulence and luxury, then there is no better place to stay then whilst in Banff, Canada then the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. With a castle-like appearance, fine dining in this resort's top restaurants and a relaxing spa that offers only sanctuary - this hotel will help ensure your ski holiday is unrivalled.
- Well known as the 'highest ski palace' in Val Thorens, France, this iconic hotel certainly lives up to that name. With a modern take on mountain life, this hotel offers glamour, yet a homely atmosphere, with stunning views of its hillside surroundings. With ski-in ski-out and a sun terrace, indoors meets outdoors perfectly here.
- This beautiful, traditional hotel in Zermatt, Switzerland is a truly special and traditionally Swiss hotel (so much so, it was used in BBC1 drama The Night Manager). The atmospheric hotel offers panoramic views from its terrace and award winning restaurant. Not to mention its wellness spa with a Turkish bath which is certainly a highlight.
- A new hotel to the resort, the 5 star Grand Hotel Cervino in Cervinia is certainly a special place to stay. With views, fine dining, a wellness spa and even a private shuttle service - this is the perfect hotel to unwind and relax after making the most of the slopes all day. Close to amenities such as ski hire, ski schools and lifts, its in a good location.
- This chalet in Obergurgl sits in one of the higher altitude resorts in Austria luxury, self-catering with all the amenities of a hotel. This chalet offers so much convivence - only 80m from the lifts, groceries delivered to your door, it's own wellness & spa area and close proximity to many of the popular restaurants, cafes and bars.
- Centre based of the high altitude resort (3,330m) of Alpe d'Huez are mountain themed and well decorated. They boast extensive facilities from a large heated pool, fitness centre and on-site spa treatments. This well-equipped accommodation means each apartment has a balcony for the wonderful views.
FAQ's for skiing holidays in March
Is there still snow in March?- Yes in some resorts. Our experts hand pick high altitude resorts so you can find a variety of destinations still under a blanket of snow in March.
Can you ski anywhere in March? - Though there are still plenty of resorts open at this time time of year, you may find some of the resorts (usually the lower altitude ones) closed or with limited offerings. It is best to opt for a high altitude resort to get the best snow fall.
What do I wear skiing in March?- It is slightly warmer in the mountains come March time, so you can certainly get away with slightly less layers or a lighter jacket. It is best to pack your usual items though just in case there is a day of heavy snowfall, making it feel colder.
Looking for more skiing inspiration?
Inghams have all the knowledge when it comes to booking your March / Spring skiing trip.
- Spring skiing holiday - our top resorts and hotels to make your March/April skiing and snowboarding holiday.
- Read our Insider's Guide on why we think you should go skiing/snowboarding in March, the start of Spring.
- Keep an eye on our deals section for fantastic offers across the ski season, including March / Spring time.
Travel with confidence
When you choose an Inghams holiday, you can travel with confidence. We’re here to take the stress out of travelling. We’ve put extra measures in place for your peace of mind. We’ll help keep both you and your money safe.