Lake Ledro nestles high in the mountains above Lake Garda and is well known to many Inghams guests who have been there on our excursions from Lake Garda. Now we are pleased to include it as a resort in its own right.
The lake is rated as one of the cleanest in Europe and is usually pleasantly warm for a summer swim from one of the four beaches. It’s ideal for walkers and nature lovers with a range of trails through the woods that surround the lake.
For a change, there’s also a regular bus service to Lake Garda. Our featured hotels are located in the village of Pieve, located on the north-western shore. The resort has a characteristic historical centre, a large lakeside beach and is an attractive strategic base from which to explore or equally to unwind amidst scenic surroundings.
Things to do in resort
- Visit a dairy farm and see cheese being made
- Market on Thursdays in Pieve
- Pile dwelling museum in Molina (the Bronze age settlement is a UNESCO listed site)
- Sailing, canoeing, fishing and windsurfing
- 200km of walking and bike trails in the Ledro Valley
- Gorg d’Abiss ‘hidden’ waterfall at Tiarno di Sotto
- Garibaldi Museum (Ledro was on the World War 1 front line)
- Lake Ampola nature reserve & visitor centre
- Ledro Land Art in Pur - cultural walk celebrating local artists works
- Regular public bus to Riva del Garda
Location in resort
- Longitude: 10.734176
- Latitude: 45.888111
For more information on travel and transport visit our Lake Ledro page