- Alpine Garden
- Excursions by rail
- Lake cruises
Wilderswil holidays are perfectly placed for an amazing choice of excursions using the local trains, boats and cable-cars. Take the rack railway into the mountains to visit Grindelwald, Wengen and Mürren, with connections to the Jungfraujoch or the Schilthorn, or the little mountain railway to Schynige Platte to explore the fabulous alpine garden. People on holidays in Wilderswil can also reach neighbouring Interlaken by a short bus or train journey or a leisurely half hour stroll.
Other things to do in and around Wilderswil
- Starting point for mountain railway up to Schynige Platte alpine garden
- One of the best viewpoints for the Jungfrau massif
- ‘Old Mill’ village museum with display of local history and crafts
- Visit the ruins of Unspunnen castle, or the nearby Gsteig castle
- Excellent transport links to Grindelwald, or Lauterbrunnen for access to Wengen and Mürren
- Performances of the ‘William Tell’ open-air play, with a cast of 250 actors and live animals, take place Jun-Aug
- Heimwehfluh vintage funicular with toboggan run and model railway exhibition at summit
The free 'Wilderswil/Interlaken Resort Card' is provided by your hotel on arrival and gives you:
• Free use of local buses in Wilderswil, Interlaken and to surrounding villages such as Iseltwald and Beatenbucht
• Free entrance to casino in Interlaken
• Free Travel on some nearby trains. See map for valid routes
• Free entrance to village museum and guided weekly walks in Bönigen
Discount Travel Card included for all Inghams guests
Save up to 50% with your travel card on trips of your choice across the Swiss transport network. Included in the price of your holiday, and worth over £100!
Travel card sent to you before departure with your rail transfer tickets.
Exploring on the Swiss Transport Network
Switzerland's excellent public transport network of mountain railways, cable-cars, steam boats and buses makes it a pleasure to explore the sights, at your own pace.
Great Value Travel Passes
Purchase a travel pass and only pay one inclusive price for your trips:
(Prices shown include Travel Card discount)
Jungfrau Travel Pass (pre-bookable) 3 or 6 days from £97
Enjoy 6 consecutive days Free travel on trains, cable-cars, gondolas and boats within the Jungfrau region including:
- Free train travel to Wengen, Mürren, Interlaken, Wilderswil and Lauterbrunnen
- Free travel on ‘First’ gondola, Männlichen and Pfingstegg cable-cars and Harder Kulm funicular
- Free travel on Schynige Platte cog railway for alpine garden
- Now also includes boat trips on Lakes Thun and Brienz (6 day passes only)
Supplement applies for Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn. Family Card not valid with Jungfrau Travel Pass, children up to 16yrs must purchase a Jungfrau Junior Travel Card locally (Sfr 30)
Bernese Oberland Regional Pass (pre-bookable)* - From £144 (4 days), £183 (6 days).
For those wanting to travel further afield within the region, this good value pass gives you 4, 6, 8 or 10 consecutive days FREE travel on regional trains, buses and boats, including:
- Trains to Gstaad, Thun, Meiringen and Adelboden
- Brienzer Rothorn and Niesen mountain railways
- Unlimited cruising on Lakes Thun and Brienz
- Mountain transport within the Jungfrau Region
*Family Card not valid with Bernese Oberland Regional Pass. Children up to 16yrs must purchase a 'Bernese Oberland Junior Card' locally (approx. Sfr30 per child).
Easy There is an excellent selection of easy walks in and around Wilderswil passing by the village’s historical landmarks, including the ‘Burgenweg’ from the village centre to the Unspunnen castle ruins dating back to the middle ages. Or try the themed trail from resort along the Lütchine river to Zweilütschinen with interesting information points explaining the local flora and fauna along the way.
Moderate The surrounding mountains offer a multitude of more adventurous walks, with the Schynige Platte being a popular starting point. Try the roundtrip from the summit to Oberberghorn for great views (approx. 1¼hrs).
Slightly challenging With excellent transport links and free buses to Interlaken, the walking and hiking terrain of the Jungfrau region is also within easy reach for day trips.