- Lake cruises
- Lakeside Strolls
- Flora and fauna
- History and culture museums
Montreux, Switzerland is a wonderful base from which to explore the region, by boat, train, bus or on foot. Montreux has a beautiful lakeside promenade lined with palm trees and flowers. A visit to the well-known landmark, the charming 'Château de Chillon', is a must, whilst visitors can spend many relaxing days visiting other places of interest along the shores of the lake, such as the city of Geneva itself, or Evian-Les-Bains in France, either by charming lake steamer, or excellent rail links. Alternatively, take the little mountain train up to Rochers de Naye, one of Switzerland's favourite viewpoints.
Resort Card - Free to all guests
The Free ‘Montreux Riviera Resort Card’ is provided by your hotel upon arrival and gives you:
- Free Travel on resort buses, including to Villeneuve nature reserve, Vevey and Glion viewpoint above the lake
- Free Welcome drink at the tourist office upon arrival
- 50% reduction on entrance to many local attractions, including Château de Chillon and Swiss Toy Museum
- Reduced fares on some mountain railways
Subject to change.
Other things to do in and around Montreux
- Famous 12th century Chateau de Chillon (50% reduction with resort card)
- Visit the old town of Vevey, with its cobbled streets, little shops and local history museum (entrance Free)
- New Charlie Chaplin Museum in Vevey opened Summer 2016
- ‘Lavaux Vinorama’ vineyards with wine-tasting and info about this UNESCO world heritage site
- Lavaux Passion wine festival (approx 10-11 September) in nearby Vevey (approx. Sfr30 daily entrance)
- ‘Marmotte Paradise’ (entrance free) observation area at Rochers de Naye
- ‘Les Grangettes’ nature reserve in Villeneuve
- Scenic boat trips to Evian, Lausanne etc.
- Montreux Jazz festival with live music (approx 29-30 Jun)
- Excellent train links to city of Geneva for shopping and sightseeing
- ‘September Musical’ classical music festival (dates tbc)
- Regular folk markets take place in Vevey on Saturdays Jul-beg Sep
- Street Artists festival with free shows in Vevey (dates tbc)
DiscountTravel Card included for all Inghams guests
Save up to 50% with your travel card on trips of your choice across the Swiss transport network. Included in the price of your holiday, and worth over £100!
Travel card sent to you before departure with your rail transfer tickets.
Exploring on the Swiss Transport Network
Switzerland's excellent public transport network of mountain railways, cable-cars, steam boats and buses makes it a pleasure to explore the sights, at your own pace.
Great Value Travel Passes
Purchase a travel pass and only pay one inclusive price for your trips!
Prices shown include Travel Card discount.
Montreux Regional Pass (pre-bookable)
Lake Geneva Regional Pass best for unlimited travel on trains, boats and mountain railways in the Lake Geneva region including Vevey, Evian, Geneva and Rochers de Naye from £84 (any 3 days within 7, 2nd class)