Half-Term as a family is especially great in our resorts as not only do our selected resorts offer child-friendly ski lessons, child-care, additional family friendly activities but also the days are a little brighter, sunnier and warmer so your little skiers have the ideal conditions to learn and improve.
Best half-term resorts:
We have put together a selection of resorts that offer the best of skiing, snowboarding and everything else you can enjoy on a winter holiday at half-term.
France - Tignes
- Vast selection of slopes for beginners to advanced
- Activities from horse riding, cinema to sledging
- A large, in resort Wellness Centre & Spa
- High rated hotels and chalets
- Free lift passes for children 8 years of age
- Includes off-piste and snowparks
- Well known for its good selection of restaurants
- Popular for its gifts shops
Italy - Selva
- A good selection of slopes with runs from blue to black
- Ample nursery slopes near the village
- Highly rated ski school
- Selection of accommodation including ski-in ski-out
- Wide, open pistes for snowboarders
- Very picturesque villages in the area
- Family activities including bowling and ice skating
- Well known for it's designer shops
Austria - Zel am See
- Child safe with a pedestrianised town
- A range of gentle slopes and good intermediate slopes
- A selection of family ski areas and a fun park
- Freestyle and terrain parks for avid snowboarders
- Assortment of hotels
- Great winter activities from ice skating to horse riding
- A leisure centre with pool
- Full programme of après ski events
Best half-term accommodation:
Here is a collection of some of our preferred half-term accommodation options.
FAQ's for skiing holidays in Half-Term
What are the best resorts to visit with families? - On this page, we have selected some of the best options for resorts when skiing with your family, including younger children. Please also visit our Ski Holidays for Families page for more resort options.
What makes a ski resort good at half-term? The best thing about the ski resorts we have selected here is that we have checked for child-friendly slopes, nursery slopes, fun parks and ski schools. We have also selected resorts that offer other activities such as the cinema, bowling or ice skating, ensuring your family can have a fun filled week on and off the slopes.
What accommodation would you recommend for half-term with a family? We have selected a range of hotels and chalets here and also on our Ski Holidays for Families page that are child friendly, so you can feel at ease throughout your stay. Ideally you want to look for family friendly hotels, with larger rooms that can sleep up to 4 or 5 and possibly that offer additional facilities such as a pool or a games room.
When to go - April
When to go - New Year
Travel with confidence
When you choose an Inghams holiday, you can travel with confidence. We’re here to take the stress out of travelling. We’ve put extra measures in place for your peace of mind. We’ll help keep both you and your money safe.