Muotka Wilderness Lodge is a lovingly renovated family-run property set in a secluded snow-laden winter wonderland, 15km from Saariselkä village. Its idyllic location, on the edge of the pristine Urho-Kekkonen National Park, guarantees minimal light pollution and therefore an increased potential for seeing the Northern Lights, simply by stepping outside the lodge's front door. Guests can be as active as they choose in this totally relaxing, stress-free environment.
We offer Inghams guests a choice of two types of Northern Lights themed holidays - either all 7 nights at Muotka Wilderness Lodge or a week with the first 4 nights at Gielas Hotel or Holiday Club Hotel in Saariselkä, followed by 3 nights at Muotka.
Muotka 7 Night Adventure
Spend 7 nights in Muotka, near Saariselkä as part of our Northern Lights Adventure Weeks.
Muotka 2-Centre Adventure
Spend 4 nights in Saariselkä and 3 nights in Muotka, near Saariselkä as part of our Northern Lights Adventure Weeks.
We have included a full range of daytime arctic activities, including carefully selected husky, reindeer and snowmobile safaris. Guests can also enjoy these special surroundings by snowshoe or cross-country skis on a network of over 300km of prepared trails. On included evening aurora hunts, experts local guides will take you in search of the Northern Lights by minibus, snowmobile or snowmobile-pulled sled.
Stay in an Aurora Cabin Overnight
The ultimate experience for many guests is a night in an Aurora Cabin with a north-facing glass roof window, perfect for lying in bed and gazing up a the night sky. A special pre-bookable upgrade price of £99 per adult and £69 per child, is available to Inghams guests on all dates.
The Aurora Cabin overnight must be pre-booked and the exact night is subject to change locally.
The lodge owners, Jouko and Mari, and their very friendly staff, have years of expertise in arranging holidays in locations that are specifically designed to provide guests with the best possible opportunities for witnessing the magical Northern Lights.
- Inghams Rep based in Saariselkä
- Non-stop flights from Gatwick, Manchester or Bristol on Sundays to Kittilä or from Gatwick to Ivalo
- Scenic airport coach transfers
- Full board meals at Muotka Lodge
- Half board meals at Gielas Hotel or Holiday Club Hotel in Saariselkä on 2-Centre holidays
- Aurora Alert until approx. 1am
- Safety briefing and instruction from experienced Muotka safari guides
- Warm thermal clothing and boots
- Third party snowmobile insurance (insurance excess approx €800)
- Free use of snowshoe and cross-country ski equipment for whole stay at Muotka after taking an included guided trip
- Activities as listed in the itineraries including snowmobile, reindeer and husky safaris, guided snowshoe and cross-country ski trips, evening Aurora Northern Lights hunting excursion