Learn to cross-country
Cross-country skiing is easy to learn as well as a great way to enjoy the scenery at your own pace. It's a gentler way to take in the fresh pine scents, the sparkle of frozen lakes and the sheer tranquility and beauty of winter in the mountains.
Cross-country Skiing in Seefeld, Austria
Seefeld is Austria's leading resort and one of the largest cross-country areas in Europe, with 279km of trails. From nursery area to Olympic track Seefeld's trails offer something for everyone. With many trails snowsure due to the use of snow cannons and free use of the trails with the Seefeld guest card, it really is a cross country paradise.
- The trails link 5 different villages: Seefeld, Leutasch, Mosern, Reith and Scharnitz
- 154km of classic trails and 125km of skating trails
- Grades: easy, medium, difficult
- Height difference: 1180 - 1550 km
- Specialised cross country ski school
- Biathlon courses available
- A 3km trail is floodlit Monday to Friday
- Seefeld has twice hosted Winter Olympics
Cross-country Skiing in Lapland
- Levi - Simply the best for all ability levels with refreshment huts and unlimited trails.
- Saariselkä - A cross-country enthusiast's paradise with mile after mile of well-marked trails through scenic Arctic wilderness.
- Ylläs - Excellent for all ability levels with refreshment huts and unlimited trails in wonderful scenery.
Cross-country skiing offer
For cross-country skiers, cross-country snowshoe and cross country equipment hire is available at special prices when booking a cabin in the resort of Ylläs in Lapland. See the Ylläs resort page for more information.
Top Cross-country skiing resorts
Filzmoos (40km & 160km in Ski Amade)
St Johann (275km)
Zell am See (197km)
St Moritz (200km)
*Look out for our "Learn to cross-country" beginner packages in the world's best cross-country resorts. Packages include: tuition and ski & boot hire, and are a great way to try out this popular sport. See resort pages for details