Soak in that scenery - Cross-country skiing is easy to learn as well as a great way to enjoy the scenery at your own pace. It's a gentler way to take in the fresh pine scents, the sparkle of frozen lakes and the sheer tranquillity and beauty of winter in the mountains.
Learn to Cross-country:
Our exciting 'Learn to Cross-country' beginner packages are available in:
- Seefeld (Austria)
- Levi, Saariselkä and Ylläs (Lapland).
- Smaller resorts include Austria - Mayrhofen (30km) and Andorra - Soldeu (5km).
Cross-country skiing offer:
For cross-country skiers, cross-country snowshoe and cross-country equipment hire is available at special prices when booking a cabin in the resort of Ylläs in Lapland. See the Ylläs resort page for more information.
Contact our Reservations Team to learn more.
Our best Cross-country skiing options
Cross-country Skiing in Austria:
Seefeld is Austria's leading resort and one of the largest cross-country areas in Europe, with 279km of trails. From nursery areas to Olympic tracks - Seefeld's trails offer something for everyone. With many trails being snow sure due to the use of snow cannons and free use of the trails with the Seefeld guest card, it really is a cross-country paradise.
- The trails link 5 different villages: Seefeld, Leutasch, Mosern, Reith and Scharnitz
- 154km of classic trails and 125km of skating trails
- Grades: easy, medium, difficult
- Height difference: 1180 - 1550 km
- Specialised cross country ski school
- Biathlon courses available
- A 3km trail is floodlit Monday to Friday
- Seefeld has twice hosted Winter Olympics
Cross-country Skiing in Lapland:
Levi, Saariselka and Yllas are all ideal for all levels of cross-country skiers. Sitting above the arctic circle, cross skiing in Lapland is a magical experience, with nature at it's finest. Yllas offers 330km of well maintained trails, that are easy to access for true cross-skier beginners. Saariselka is a very special cross-country skiing destination, with 200km of trails, 34km of which are illuminated. Levi offers specific trails for cross-country skiing, depending on your level so you can ski to your ability whilst enjoying your surroundings.
- Levi - Simply the best for all ability levels with refreshment huts and unlimited trails.
- Saariselkä - A cross-country enthusiast's paradise with mile after mile of well-marked trails through scenic Arctic wilderness.
- Ylläs - Excellent for all ability levels with refreshment huts and trails in wonderful scenery.
Top Cross-country skiing resorts
Filzmoos (40km & 160km in Ski Amade)
St Johann (275km)
Zell am See (197km)
St Moritz (200km)
*Look out for our "Learn to cross-country" beginner packages in the world's best cross-country resorts. Packages include: tuition and ski & boot hire, and are a great way to try out this popular sport. See resort pages for details