Ski Ellmau! The attractive village of Ellmau is situated between the rugged Wilder Kaiser (Wild Emperor) mountains and the more gentle Kitzbüheler Alps. Located between the villages of Going and Scheffau, it lies within the vast SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser-Brixental Area which links several resorts, including Söll (about the same size but with more boisterous nightlife!), Scheffau and Hopfgarten, enabling access to 284km of pistes. It has about 55kms of its own runs.
Skiing holidays in Ellmau boast wide and gentle nursery slopes close to the centre and a ski bus links with the main lift, a new 10-seater gondola which has replaced the Hartkaiserbahn and transport skiers to 1530m in less than nine minutes and all cabins are equipped with Wi-Fi and heated seats for ascent and descent. Après-ski is varied with lively cafés and bars or traditional Austrian events. Sleigh rides, a toboggan run, skating, swimming and bowling are all available.
3 Snowparks - 1 in Ellmau, 1 in Söll, 1 in Westendorf
Drag lifts 39, Chairlifts 35, Cablecars 0
Things to do in resort
- A full programme of après-ski events
- Kaiserbad leisure centre has indoor pool with water slide, various saunas and steam rooms, indoor tennis, squash and climbing wall
- Sleigh rides
- Winter walking
- Ski kindergarten from 3yrs available locally. Booking in advance recommended
- Resort bus free with guestcard in Ellmau; buses to Soll available at extra cost.
Location in resort
- Longitude: 12.307284
- Latitude: 47.513563
- Nearest Bus Stop: 200
- Distance to Ski School: 50
- Distance to Nursery Slopes: 50
For more information on travel and transport visit our Ellmau page