In fact Westendorf, quiet and attractive retreat that it is, actually enjoys access to two vast ski areas – SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser-Brixental area and Kitzbühel. Situated on an open plateau in the wide Brixen valley this small, pretty Tyrolean village is a very family friendly resort, with the nursery slopes directly beside the village centre and an excellent children’s programme provided by the ski school. But the resort also has some unexpectedly challenging slopes to get your teeth into too on the tree-lined runs above the village. A gondola links Westendorf with Brixen and the rest of the slopes of the SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser-Brixental area (a total of nine resorts) with a huge variety of skiing for both intermediate and advanced skiers. Access to the Kitzbühel ski area, with a further 234km of pistes, is via the Ki-West gondola (Super Ski Card required for this).
3 snowparks (1 in Westendorf, 1 in Söll & 1 in Ellmau).
Drag lifts 39, Chairlifts 35, Cablecars 0
Things to do in resort
- A full programme of apres- ski events
- Sleigh rides
- Walking (cleared trails)
- Ice-skating (natural rink)
- Snow biking
- Snow shoeing
- Nordic walking
- Family torchlit hikes
- Ski kindergarten from 3yrs available locally. Booking in advance recommended.
- Resort bus free within Westendorf
- Local commuter trains are free in between Worgl and Hochfilzen meaning with the super ski card you can easily get to Kitzbuhel, Brixen im Thale or Hochfilzen for access to 3 separate ski areas
Location in resort
- Longitude: 12.215956
- Latitude: 47.435113
- Distance to City Centre: 200
For more information on travel and transport visit our Westendorf page