This traditional mountain village is set amidst spectacular scenery at the foot of the towering north face of the Eiger. Easy access via mountain train, gondola and cable-car to the ‘Jungfrau’ ski region including the pistes linking Kleine Scheidegg and Männlichen means that you can tackle the challenging Lauberhorn race run, have lunch in Wengen, and be home in time for tea. Or spend the day cruising the long red runs at ‘First’, Grindelwald’s own ski area. Non-skiers have fantastic winter walking possibilities with the non-skiers lift pass, whilst the friendly village has numerous shops, bars and cafés.
Drag lifts 10, Chairlifts 20, Cablecars 4
Things to do in resort
- Full programme of après-ski events
- 'World Snow Festival (Snow Sculpture) (16-20 Jan)
- 'First Flyer' - Europe's first aerial cableway
- Longest toboggan run in Europe (15km)
- Superb network of winter walking trails with wonderful views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains
- Excellent train links to Brig, Interlaken, Thun and Berne for sightseeing
- Swimming pool
- Ice skating, curling
- Indoor rope park
- Bowling,sleigh rides, ice climbing
- 'Ice Magic' ice skating experience in nearby Interlaken
- Scenic sightseeing helicopter flight tours of the Jungfrau region
- Resort bus is free with guest card
Location in resort
- Location Description:
- Set in a quiet position in its own grounds, yet only
- 2 minutes’ walk (200m) from the village centre and mountain railway
station for access to the Kleine Scheidegg ski area.
- The hotel offers a free shuttle bus to the ‘First’ and ‘Männlichen’ lifts in the mornings
and afternoons. The free resort bus also stops just outside.
For more information on travel and transport visit our Grindelwald page