Lake Bohinj offers a wealth of walking and cultural experiences. Take the cable-car up to Mount Vogel at 1,530m and enjoy a bird’s eye view of the lake or follow Sava Bohinjka river down into the valley. The forests and meadows with their alpine flora and fauna, the waterfalls and caves, the hamlets with their local churches, stone bridges and typical Alpine style houses, will make for an unforgettable holiday experience in Lake Bohinj. Try and spot a chamois, eagle, bear or lynx whilst rambling, take a relaxing boat ride on the lake, go fishing, and don’t forget to try one of the local cheeses, wines or the famous ‘Zlatorog’ beer.
Things to do in resort
Take the cable car up to Mount Vogel at 1,530m and enjoy a bird's eye view of the lake or follow the Sava Bohinjka River down into the valley. The forests and meadows with their alpine flora and fauna, the waterfalls and caves, the hamlets with their local churches, stone bridges and typical Alpine style houses, will make for an unforgettable holiday experience. Try and spot a chamois, an eagle, a bear or a lynx whilst rambling. Take a relaxing boat ride on the lake, go fishing, and don't forget to try one of the local cheeses, wines or the famous "Zlatorog" and "Lasko"
Bohinj Guest Card: The Julian Alps Card Bohinj
All Inghams guests will receive complimentary Julian Alps Card during their stay in Bohinj.
Guests staying 3/4 nights will receive a 3-day card, guests staying 7 nights will receive 5-day card and guests staying 10/11/14 nights will receive a 10-day card.
The card has great saving benefits and will make travelling and sightseeing around the area much easier.
- Free admission to Savica Waterfall, Mostnica Gorge and Church of St John
- Free boat trip with the panoramic boat on Lake Bohinj
- Free admissions to all museums in Bohinj.
- Free summer Hop-on, Hop-off bus trip to Pokljuka
- Free bus rides around Bohinj with Arriva Alpetour buses
- Free additional shuttles in the summer season
- Free parking at most of the Bohinj car parks
- Free one-way or return tickets for some train journeys
- Free use of the entry-exit points on Lake Bohinj and Sava Bohinjka
- 50 % discount on bus tickets from Bohinj across Gorenjska region, to Ljubljana and in the opposite directions (buses from Arriva Alpetour company)
- 20 % discount on a return ticket for the cable car to Vogel
- 5 – 50 % discounts on activities and sightseeing in Bohinj and elsewhere in Slovenia
Suggestions what to do around Lake Bohinj
- Cable-car to view the peaks on the southern part of the lake
- Bicycle hire
- Lake bathing (July and August)
- The Pokljuka Plateau
- Savica Waterfalls
- Botanical experts from the Botanical Society of British Isles will participate.
- Guided botanical excursions at all altitude ranges
- Expert advice: conservation of Alpine meadows and botanical wealth, the role and use of Alpine Flowers in Medicine.
- Cultural events on the theme of Flowers: exhibitions, theatre shows, concerts
- Photographic workshops.
- The culinary use of Flowers
- The use of Flowers in local crafts.
- Exchange of experiences.
Car hire is available
Location in resort
For more information on travel and transport visit our Lake Bohinj page