The town of Davos lies in a beautiful Alpine valley, right in the heart of Switzerland’s Graubünden and with over 700km of marked walking trails, is one of Switzerland’s top walking destinations. Excursions by train, bus and cable-car, and walks into the mountains, uncover a tapestry of traditional Swiss villages, dramatic views and abundant wildlife. Walkers have access to a vast supply of paths on both sides of the valley. Holidays in Davos give all guests free use of many cable-cars, mountain railways etc and train to nearby Klosters, so views of the stunning peaks and dramatic alpine terrain come free (see Inghams Plus). Clavadeler Alp cheese factory or the Monstein brewery are within easy reach, whilst options for day trips include an enthralling ‘Bernina Express’ train ride down to Tirano in Italy.
Things to do in resort
Davos / Klosters Active Card is great for walkers and nature lovers with unlimited free use of the resort's mountain lifts and free use of the trains and buses in the local area and free participation in numerous activities and events in the region.
Clavadeler Alp cheese factory or the Monstein brewery are within easy reach, whilst options for day trips include an enthralling 'Bernina Express' train ride down to Tirano in Italy, the historic city of Chur and the world-famous resort of St Moritz!
Davos Schatzalp Alpine Botanical Garden
The Alpine Botanical Garden Schatzalp contains various gardens. All are located around the hotel and forest Schatzalp. Forest and mountain pastures are approx. 118 acres with the gardens covering 5 acres. The alpine gardens are names including belle époque, historical, Thomas Mann square and 'Guggerbachtal' (valley of the Guggerbach river), each with a different colleciton of plants and representing various areas of life.
In total the gardens are home to over 5,000 species of plant from all over the world, with a focus on flowers such as Edelweiss, Enzian, Peonies, Larkspur, Monkshood, Spurg, wild Geranium, Bellflower and many other species from high altitude landscapes of our world. There are many hiking trails in summer from mid-June to October, when the garden is blossoming. Entrance to the garden is included in your guest card.
Free Resort Card
The free "Davos/Klosters Guest Card" is provided by your hotel/apartment upon arrival and gives you:
- Free unlimited use of the lifts including the Parsenn funicular (beg Jul-Oct), Rinerhorn cable-car (beg Jun-Oct), Madrisa gondola (beg Jun-Oct), Schatzalp funicular (mid May-Oct), and Jakobshorn (end Jun - Oct)
- Free use of local buses and unlimited travel on the train between Davos and Klosters and to Filisur
- Free entrance to Alpine Garden at Schatzalp where visitors will find over 5,000 species of plant from various mountain ranges around the world.
Other things to do in and around Davos
rs Active’ programme of free activities and hikes throughout summer including weekly guided bike tours, tennis, windsurfing, tour of highest-altitude Monstein brewery, E-biking, bowling, dairy visits (subj. to change, some supplements may apply for equipment etc.)
- ‘Davos Kloste‘Davos Sounds Good’ jazz festival with some free concerts (approx 8-14 July)
- Davos Music Festival: classical music by young artists (approx 3-17 Aug)
- Swissalpine Marathon (approx 26 July)
- Selection of lively cafés, bars and restaurants
- Several museums, art galleries and golf course
- Alpine flower garden up at the Schatzalp (entrance free with resort card)
- Good shopping along the Davos ‘Promenade’
- Kirchner Museum in Davos
- Davos Heritage Museum with origianl wooden mill
- Efficient transport links to historic city of Chur, Arosa and St.Moritz
- ‘Davos Klosters Active’ programme of various activities and hikes throughout summer
Discount Travel Card included for all Inghams guests
Save up to 50% with your travel card on trips of your choice across the Swiss transport network. Included in the price of your holiday, and worth over £100!
Travel card sent to you before departure with your rail transfer tickets.
Exploring on the Swiss Transport Network
Switzerland's excellent public transport network of mountain railways, cable-cars, steam boats and buses makes it a pleasure to explore the sights, at your own pace.
Great Value Regional Travel Passes
Graubünden Pass (pre-bookable)
3 days within 7 consecutive days, from £69 (2nd class), £99 (1st class)
5 days within 14 consecutive days, from £89 (2nd class), £129 (1st class)
This pass gives you 3 or 5 days unlimited FREE travel on regional trains and buses, a great value way to explore further afield including:
- Free day trips to nearby places of interest of Arosa, Lenzerheide, historic Chur and St. Moritz
- A journey on the wonderful Bernina Express train route to Tirano in Italy (seat reservation extra)
Evening bus service is available
Car hire is available
Location in resort
- Longitude: 9.8369
- Latitude: 46.8044
- Nearest Bus Stop: 20
- Nearest Lift:
- Distance to Lift: 50
- Nearest Station:
- Distance to Station: 200
For more information on travel and transport visit our Davos page