All European flights (charter and scheduled), now limit each passenger to one item of checked in luggage weighing either 18 or 20kg. Exact details will be on your e-ticket.
Direct Luggage Services
If you would like your luggage collected direct from your home or if your Swiss resort is no longer served by the Fly-Rail luggage service, we recommend Bagsahead.
Swiss Fly-luggage (optional)
Swiss Railways operate a service which enables you to send your luggage all the way from your UK airport, on check-in, to your hotel in Switzerland.
The is available to all guests flying to Geneva or Zurich airports at an extra cost of £14 per item each way for the standard service. Swiss Railways have introduced an 'Express Service' with an administration fee of Sfr30 per booking per sector (SF60 return - approx £41) in addition to the £14 standard charge. The service applies to selected destinations and delivers luggage quicker to resort. Fly baggage must be reserved at time of booking.
Please use the following link for an estimated arrival time of luggage when using the fly-rail luggage service, add in arrival airport, flight landing time, resort destination and arrival date. The system will then advise an estimated time.
NB: not available for Weggis, Vitznau, Montreux, Locarno, Ascona and Saas Fee
- Check-in your luggage at your UK airport with your green fly-rail baggage label attached
- Please note: your luggage will normally arrive at your hotel the evening after you arrive in Switzerland when booking the Standard Service so it is vital you carry an overnight bag with you with all essentials. If booking the Express Service your luggage will normally arrive the morning after you arrive in Switzerland
- Luggage will arrive in resort at the railway station and be collected and brought to your accommodation for you by either your Inghams Representative of hotel (system varies by resort).
- Luggage normally needs to be sent from your Swiss resort back to the airport the day before your flight home. Your Inghams Representative will arrange this for you. Please ensure your labels are attached to your luggage
- Please note: you may only be able to send your luggage as far as Geneva or Zurich airport. For security reasons you may need to collect it at the airport railway station and check-in for your flight. Please check with your Inghams Representative
- If you are flying with Swiss International Airlines, you can normally send your luggage back to your UK airport without collecting it at the Swiss airport.