From gentle cycle paths through flower filled meadows and along winding rivers, to steep trails criss-crossing the mountains – a Lakes & Mountains holiday is perfect for cyclists. Cycling is a popular activity in many Alpine resorts and there are an abundance of clearly marked bike trails you can explore during your holiday.
We recognise how popular a Lakes & Mountains holiday is with cyclists.
- Bike hire is widely available from the sports shops in our Lakes & Mountains destinations
- Our reps will be able to recommend where you can find cycling equipment to hire
- Many of our partner hotels offer our guests free bike hire
- Few of our partner hotels provide a weekly programme of guided cycling holidays
- Many of the local tourist offices will have maps of the local cycling routes
Cycling Insiders Guides
Insider’s Guide: The most scenic cycling resorts
Cycling is a great way to explore the beautiful Lakes & Mountains scenery. From gentle cycle paths to thrilling mountain trails, all these destinations have one thing in common – their outstanding beauty.
Insider’s Guide: Where to go cycling on an e-bike
Not a confident cyclist? There’s no need to miss out! E-bikes combine battery operation and pedal power to make cycling easier. Lakes & Mountains resorts are the ideal place to try e-biking.