- Located in the Arctic Circle
- Pre-bookable activities and excursions
- Cosy log cabins
- Search for the Northern Lights in the clear night skies
Ylläs combines all the ingredients necessary for a perfect Lapland experience. It's named after the fell Yllästunturi and we offer cosy comfortable accommodation for your winter break in three main areas; Äkäslompolo - to the north of the fell, Ylläsjärvi and Ylläsrinnie on the south side of the fell.
Arctic skiing and activity holidays in Ylläs
Guests return here year after year to enjoy the stunning unspoiled natural scenery, Finland’s longest ski slopes, an excellent network of cross-country trails and winter excursions. There's no better place to try out the exciting experiences on offer in the Arctic Circle. We've got a great choice of activities on offer in Ylläs, including reindeer, husky and snowmobile safaris. The skies here are especially clear, ideal for witnessing the magical Northern Lights.
Where to stay in Ylläs
With a great selection of accommodation, including idyllic, high-quality log cabins - you'll be spoilt for choice here. The resort comprises two Lappish villages set about 15 minutes apart connected by a resort shuttle bus. Äkäslompolo is the main village where we have a choice of hotels, apartments and log cabins, including the lovely Äkäs Apartments. Skiers and boarders looking for the best slope side position will love Ylläsjärvi where you'll find the Ylläs Saaga Spa Hotel and apartments in a panoramic slope side position. Just 10 minutes from Ylläsjärvi, we have introduced more beautiful log cabins to our collection. They're located in the rural, wooded Ylläsrinnie area - the perfect choice for those looking for a relaxed winter wonderland experience.
What's included in an Inghams holiday to Ylläs
On an Ingham's Lapland holiday you'll have your flights, transfers and accommodation included. All you'll need to do is decide which activities you want to add on. Skiiers and boarders can add on lift passes, equipment and lessons with us too. Our Ingham's Representatives based in Ylläs are also on hand to help you make the most of your Lapland holiday - if you need any advice, tips or assistance while you're away, they will be there to help.
Santa Breaks in Ylläs
- 3 or 4 night Santa Breaks to visit Santa in Lapland are also available in our resorts of Levi and Ylläs in December. Please click on the link Ylläs Santa Breaks
- Did you know that if you book a 7 night holiday to Lapland in December you can also visit Santa in his Hideaway? Simply pick up and purchase the 'Santa's Hideaway' excursion at the time of booking and the whole family can enjoy a private meeting with Santa, a gift for children, an afternoon of fun and games including creating Christmas decorations with the Elves and baking gingerbread!
- Every 7 night holiday to Lapland departing before Christmas includes a festive feast! For even more festive fun, why not indulge in a reindeer sleigh ride or dash through enchanting snow-laden forests on a snowmobile or husky safari!