Great food and wine, fantastic, friendly service, unbeatable locations and a warm welcoming atmosphere...
.…all these vital elements are on offer in our chalets, leaving you to relax, unwind in good company and enjoy your skiing! Our 48 chalets & 5 'Xtra Chalets†' range from cosy and intimate six-bed chalets to larger properties sleeping over 30 guests - ideal for groups. This year, all have FREE Wi-Fi, many have log fires, saunas or hot-tubs, and in all of them you will be well looked after by your welcoming Inghams Chalet Hosts.
†From 2017/18 season
This category was introduced two years ago and is essentially a stepping stone between a 'normal' chalet and the full services of a Chalet Hotel. Each include a few welcome little 'Xtras' to enhance your chalet holiday, including a full residents' bar run by our own Inghams bar staff, cake at Afternoon Tea, rosé wine as a fifth wine choice with dinner, and an extra course – a local cheeseboard – to round off each evening's dining.
We are frequently told by guests that ‘The Inghams team made our holiday!’ – a compliment we are determined to live up to once again this winter. Our Chalet Hosts are all enthusiastic dinner-party cooks, who look forward to providing you the warm welcome, delicious food and friendly service which lie at the heart of an Inghams chalet holiday. Most are also avid skiers or snowboarders, and love nothing more than to share their knowledge and passion for the slopes with our guests. Our larger chalets have a professional Chalet Chef to cook for you, with Chalet Assistants helping to serve all meals and look after the chalet’s house-keeping duties.
Food is a highlight of any ski holiday, and our Chalet Hosts will prepare and serve your meals as described here six days per week*.
Start the day with a hearty hot and skiers’ breakfast to prepare you for the slopes, including a cooked breakfast with your choice of bacon, eggs, sausage and baked beans. Additionally, and normally set out for you buffet-style, there is a choice of porridge or cereals, tea, coffee, fruit juice, bread (including croissants in France), cold meats, cheeses and preserves.
Afternoon tea is the traditional ‘welcome home’ for chalet guests at the end of a day’s skiing, with a slice of freshly baked cake, different each day, to accompany your choice of tea or coffee.
Our 4 course dinner menus start with canapés and an apéritif, followed by a starter, main course and dessert, accompanied by a choice of complimentary wines, squash, fruit juice and water plus coffee or tea and chocolates to follow. For this winter season, once a week a regional speciality will be served.
Vegetarian options are always available, and other special diets are available at a supplement if booked in advance.
*(On your Host’s one day off each week, they will leave a simpler continental breakfast out for you to help yourselves, there is no afternoon tea that day, and you can dine out locally in the evening. Your Resort Representative will gladly help out with information and make a reservation for you if you wish.)
The wines for our chalets are chosen in conjunction with our good friends and established wine experts, Nicolas and Véronique Perret, who have helped us select two contrasting whites and two choice reds for you to enjoy, unlimited, throughout dinner each evening.
Join us for a proper ‘White Christmas’ in the Alps! All our chalets have a Christmas tree and most have log fires, so combined with great food, good company, and no cooking or washing up, there’s no better place to be! We serve a full traditional Christmas Turkey Dinner on Christmas Day, with a pre-dinner glass of Champagne, mince pies and Christmas pudding to follow, crackers, and a visit from Santa at some stage if you have children aged 8 or under in your party.
On New Year’s Eve, all our chalets and Chalet Hotels serve a special Celebration Menu, preceded by a glass of Champagne. After dinner join the resort festivities, generally with fireworks to see in the New Year.
• All our chalets are completely non-smoking properties
• Chalet ratings shown for each property are our own ratings, and not to be confused or compared with any system of official ‘star’ ratings or hotel categories.
Children in Chalets
• Children aged 12 years and over are welcome in all chalets on all dates.
• Children 11 years and under are also welcome as follows – in any chalet on any date where one group books the entire chalet for their exclusive use (see our Group Holidays page for details of our Group Reductions; - in any other chalet on peak holiday dates only, ie. on departures 23 & 30 December 2016, 11-19 February 2017, 1/2 & 8/9 April 2017 plus selected chalets only (please call for details!) on 4/5 February and 18/19 March 2017. For Winter 2017/18 season, the peak holiday dates will be on departures, 23 & 30 December 2017, 10-17 February, 31 March, 7 April 2018 plus selected chalets only (please call for details!) on 3 February and 3 & 10 March 2018.
• We serve a separate High Tea at 5:30pm for children aged 11 years and under with an appropriate menu. Unless children are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking in chalets, it is not possible for children aged 11 years and under to eat at the adult sitting.
• However, where children aged 11 years and under are part of an ‘exclusive use’ whole-chalet booking, parents may elect for their children to eat with them at the adult meal times on payment of a £39 per child per week supplement.
• Children Reductions: There are free child places and also child discounts available, see our Family Ski page for further information.
This summer has been an opportunity for us to review our guests’ comments, feedback, and suggestions on the catering options you would like for next winter. You have asked us for ‘evolution, not revolution’. And we have taken on board your most frequent comments, tweaking our food and drink service for Winter 17/18 to suit your preferences.
You’ve increasingly told us that canapés in chalets are “a bit old-fashioned”. And some of you have noted that the open plan living/dining rooms in smaller chalets don’t provide the space suitable for serving aperitifs and canapés.
We’ve also heard your preference for something “a little classier” (as one guest put it) than our customary chalet aperitifs like ‘Kir’ and related ‘wine + flavouring’ drinks.
So, what are we changing? All our chalets this Winter 17/18 will leave out the canapés and instead you will receive an upgraded aperitif of a glass of Prosecco to whet your appetite for your 3-course evening meal. The rest of our chalet cuisine will remain the same as it is in this current 16/17 season. Bon Appétit!
Spiced Camembert & Pear Chutney Rolls
and Parma Ham & Rocket Cress
Honey Roasted Pumpkin Soup
with a Sour Cream Drizzle
Herb Crusted Saddle of Lamb
with a Red Wine & Mushroom Jus,
and Pommes Anna
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with a
Roasted Red Pepper & Basil Sauce
Both served with Buttered Broad Beans
and Cauliflower Florets
Individual Blueberry Tart with Crème de Cassis
and Chantilly Cream
COFFEE OR TEA
SELECTION OF COMPLIMENTARY RED & WHITE WINES
of Inghams Chalet Hosts were rated ‘Excellent’ or ‘Good’ by guests last winter
of guests last season rated our Chalet meals as ‘Excellent’ or ‘Good’