Speedy skiing in Switzerland - A short break skiing is a great way to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life and experience the fresh air and excitement of the mountains over the course of just a couple of days.
Whether you are looking for a spontaneous ski weekend, a romantic getaway, a taster session for a first-time skier/snowboarder, or a mini off-piste adventure we have your ticket for a short break on the snow.
✔️ With you all the way
- Trusted Ski Schools if you are a new skier
✔️ Straight forward holidays
- Great Resorts across Switzerland for your short-break ski holiday.
✔️ Choice in abundance
Included in your Short Break
Here are some of the fantastic elements included in your short break when booking with Inghams:
- 2nd class return rail transfers (upgrade to 1st class if you so wish). You’ll transfer to resort by yourself, which means no waiting around at the airport for other passengers. We provide our guests with an easy, step-by-step guide to getting to your destination.
- Daily departures on scheduled flights with British Airways or Swiss Airlines from our UK airports to Switzerland
- Half board hotel accommodation in 3, 4 and 5 star hotels, or stay on a B&B basis if staying for a minimum of 3 nights
- Pre-bookable lift passes are also available to add to your booking and at some hotels they are included in the price of the accommodation
- FREE ski carriage (if flying with Swiss Airlines - speak to our Reservations Team for further detail)
Here are a few examples of some of the accommodations you can book with your Inghams short breaks:
- A superb spa complete with swimming pool, saunas, steam bath, whirlpool and relaxation area
- Positioned in the centre of the village and free use of the hotel shuttle service to the slopes
- The excellent Morenia snowpark provides ample entertainment in the form of jumps and rails
- The hotel has three restaurants, Cäsar Ritz, Del Ponte Pizzeria and Fondue-Stübli
- Set in its own grounds, this accommodation offers a peaceful location
- The hotel offers a variety of leisure and extensive sports facilities
- Klosters shares its neighbour Davos' 300km of great skiing and the full ski area is available on one pass
- Après-ski here is relaxed, but it certainly has a few attractive bars and one or two nightclubs
- Set on its own terrace area, the hotel enjoys wonderful views of the Lauterbrunnen Valley
- All bedrooms are furnished in a modern alpine style, some have south-facing balconies and views of the valley.
- The local area pass covers Wengen and Grindelwald, whilst the Jungfrau whole area pass also covers Mürren
- The hotel offers a very traditional, charming and homely lounge with log fire and bar area
Short break skiing FAQs
What is the shortest break you offer? - We offer a minimum of a 3 night stay on our short breaks, short enough to go skiing for a long weekend but not too short that you wouldn't get a full days skiing or snowboarding.
Why are your short breaks in Switzerland? - Switzerland is an ideal place for a snow-sure skiing holiday, meaning even in your short trip, you will be able to make the most of the slopes. Switzerland also has ample ski resorts to chose from so you have plenty of options and can keep revisiting one of the best countries for skiing and snowboarding alike.
Why are transfers via rail? - Switzerland has many 'reduced traffic' or 'low carbon' towns and villages, which means rail travel helps towards this. We are very proud to offer these transfers and help Switzerland reduce it's carbon footprint as it also aligns with our sustainable journey.
Top up your Ski knowledge: Eco thinking on the slopes
Switzerland are reducing their carbon footprint. Our Insider's guide, an interview EcoSki, also covers this topic and is worth a read.
Top up your Ski knowledge: Why ski in Switzerland
Find out more about why Switzerland is the ideal place for a short ski or snowboarding holiday throughout the season with our Insider's Guide
Top up your Ski knowledge: Snowboarding options
Are you a snowboarder through and through? If so, take a read of our Insider's Guide on the best destinations for snowboard enthusiasts.
Travel with confidence
When you choose an Inghams holiday, you can travel with confidence. We’re here to take the stress out of travelling. We’ve put extra measures in place for your peace of mind. We’ll help keep both you and your money safe.