Lapland winter wonderland activity holidays in Levi
Levi is our most popular Lapland resort with good reason. In recent years its infrastructure has been developed to an enviably high standard with an impressive range of accommodation and a wide choice of excellent restaurants and cosy bars. Its ski area is regarded as the best and most extensive in Finland and offers snow-sure, uncrowded skiing in an area of exceptional natural beauty. This pristine winter wonderland of snow-sculpted forests and glistening frozen lakes offers an extensive choice of activities including exhilarating husky, reindeer and snowmobile safaris. Skiing amidst the silence of the fells in a mystical blue twilight with rose-coloured dawns and dusks will leave you with indelible memories. As the season starts and the polar nights approach, skiing takes place on the floodlit slopes. The whole ski area opens in mid February (approx. 17th) when the daylight hours start to increase and incredible skiing can be enjoyed throughout the day.
For a really unique experience try a night in a thermal glass igloo with a chance to see the mesmerising Northern Lights shimmering in a star-studded night sky.
Santa Breaks in Levi
- 3 or 4 night Santa Breaks to visit Santa in Lapland are also available in our resorts of Levi and Ylläs in December. Please click on the link Santa Breaks in Levi.
- Did you know that if you book a 7 night holiday to Lapland in December you can also visit Santa in his Hideaway? Simply pick up and purchase the 'Santa's Hideaway' excursion at the time of booking and the whole family can enjoy a private meeting with Santa, an afternoon of fun and games including creating Christmas decorations with the Elves and baking gingerbread!
- Every 7 night holiday to Lapland in December includes a festive feast- there's even a small gift and certificate for every child! For even more festive fun, why not indulge in a reindeer sleigh ride or dash through enchanting snow-laden forests on a snowmobile or husky safari!
Half-pipe, super-pipe, 2 streets.
Drag lifts 24, Chairlifts 2, Cablecars 0
Things to do in resort
Pre-bookable Excursions details and prices:
There are a number of excursions that are eagerly awaiting you and to make the most of your Lapland adventure. Find out more detailed information about each excursion and what they involved, then see below for the duration and price list for Levi.
Having the opportunity to stay in a Glass Igloo or Aurora Cabin for a night under the stars, with the Northern Lights in the sky, is high on most people’s bucket list. There are a number of options for you to take, so click here to have a read. From Levi you have the chance to stay in either a Glass Igloo, Aurora Cabin or the Lainio SnowHotel, and if you really cannot choose then go for all three.
||2 hours (from resort)
|Single (1 adult alone)- Adult: £99
Double (2 sharing)- Adult: £75, Child: £29
|Arctic Ice Fishing
|Reindeer Safari & Sámi Farm visit
||Adult: £45, Child: £25
|Lainio SnowHotel and Village Visit
||3 hours (1½ hrs at Snow Village)
Available from 8 Dec onwards
|Adult: £49, Child: £25
Adult: £79, Child: £45
Adult: £125, Single sled supplement £49
|Northern Lights Husky Safari
||3 hours (approx. 10km sled ride)
15 min drive away
|Beginner Evening Snowshoe Safari
|Intermediate Snowshoe Safari
||2 hours (daytime or evening Northern Lights)
||Adult: £49 Child: £25
Extra cost for gondola on daytime trip for guests
without own lift ticket: Adult: £5, Child: £2.50
||2½ hrs excursion (1-1½ hrs on horse)
|Northern Lights Horse Sleigh Ride
20-30 minute sleigh ride
||2 hour excursion
(10 minute drive away)
|Drivers (12yrs and over): £59
Spectators: £9 (payable locally)
|Santa's Elves Hideaway
||2½ hour excursion (15 minute drive away)
1 Dec – 04 Jan incl.
|Visit Santa at SantaPark
||7 hour excursion (2½ hour drive away)
1 Dec – 29 Dec incl.
|Lainio SnowHotel Overnight Stay
||Guided tour, hot berry juice and buffet breakfast
||Ice suite from: £125
|Luxury Glass Igloo
||15 minute drive away
Notes for above excursions: Times and distances are approximate and may vary due to weather and other conditions.
- Child age for Husky, Reindeer and Snowmobile safaris is 4-12yrs.
- Children 0-3yrs are free (transport must be prebooked) but are not allowed on 10km or 22km Husky or any Snowmobile safaris.
- SantaPark and Santa's Hideaway child age 4-16 yrs (0-2 yrs are free).
- Snowmobile drivers must be 18yrs+ and bring a full, valid photographic driver's licence with them.
- Children aged 8yrs or above must be at lest 140cm tall to ride as a passenger on a snowmobile. Children under this height or less than 8yrs will be towed in a sled behind the guide.
- Single riders who have purchased a sharing snowmobile may need to upgrade locally to a single driving snowmobile, if a sharing snowmobile is not available.
- The overnight stay can be pre-booked but the exact day of the week will only be confirmed within 3 working days of booking as all reservations are subject to availability.
Travel insurance is a condition of booking with us, and you should ensure that your chosen policy covers the activities that you plan to take part in during your holiday. Your policy should provide cover for your own personal and medical expenses, however individual policies will not cover damage to snowmobiles or skidoos and a compulsory excess will be payable directly to the supplier of the snowmobile/skidoo excursion.
Location in resort
- Longitude: 24.798031
- Latitude: 67.808402
- Location Description:
- 2-5 minutes' walk (200-600m) to village centre
- Ski bus stops approximately 2 minutes' walk (150m) away
- Distance to City Centre: 600
For more information on travel and transport visit our Levi page