Lapland winter wonderland activity holidays in Ylläs
Ylläs combines all the ingredients necessary for a perfect Lapland experience. Guests return year after year to enjoy its stunning unspoiled natural scenery, Finland’s longest ski slopes, an excellent network of cross-country trails and superb choice of accommodation, including our best selection of idyllic high-quality log cabins. It offers a wide choice of activities and safaris, including exhilarating reindeer, husky and snowmobile safaris. The skies here are especially clear, ideal for witnessing the magical Northern Lights. The resort comprises two Lappish villages set 15 minutes apart connected by a resort shuttle bus: Äkäslompolo where Äkäs Hotel and all our cabins are located, and Ylläsjärvi where the Ylläs Saaga Spa Hotel enjoys a panoramic slopeside position.
Santa Breaks in Ylläs
- 3 or 4 night Santa Breaks to visit Santa in Lapland are also available in our resorts of Levi and Ylläs in December. Please click on the link Yllas Santa Breaks
- Did you know that if you book a 7 night holiday to Lapland in December you can also visit Santa in his Hideaway? Simply pick up and purchase the 'Santa's Hideaway' excursion at the time of booking and the whole family can enjoy a private meeting with Santa, an afternoon of fun and games including creating Christmas decorations with the Elves and baking gingerbread!
- Every 7 night holiday to Lapland in December includes a festive feast - there's even a small gift and certificate for every child! For even more festive fun, why not indulge in a reindeer sleigh ride or dash through enchanting snow-laden forests on a snowmobile or husky safari!
2 floodlit snowparks with jumps, a super-pipe and boarder-cross course.
Drag lifts 28, Chairlifts 1, Cablecars 0
Things to do in resort
Pre-bookable Excursions details and prices:
There are a number of excursions that are eagerly awaiting you and to make the most of your Lapland adventure. Click here to find out more detailed information about each excursion and what they involve, then see below for the duration and price list for Yllas.
Having the opportunity to stay in the SnowHotel, surrounded by beautifully illuminated ice art, is truly a night to remember. Choose to stay overnight in a Standard room or in the more ornate and unique Ice Suites.
||2 hours (from resort)
|Single (1 adult alone) - Adult: £99
Double (2 sharing)- Adult: £75, Child: £15
|Reindeer Safari & Sámi Farm visit
||Adult: £45, Child: £25
|Lainio SnowHotel and Village Visit
||2½ hours (1½ hrs at Snow Village)
Available from 8 Dec onwards
|Adult: £39, Child £25
|Adult: £49, Child: £25
Adult: £79, Child: £45
Adult: £165, Single sled supplement £99, Child: £89
|Beginner Snowshoe Safari (daytime or evening)
||2½ hrs excursion
(1-1½ hrs on horse)
Extra £25 per person transport supplement for guests staying at Ylläs Saaga Spa Hotel and Apartments
|Northern Lights Horse Sleigh Ride
20-30 minute sleigh ride
|Santa’s Elves' Hideaway
3 hour excursion (2 hours at hideaway)
1 Dec - 4 Jan 2020 & 29 Nov - 2 Jan 2021
|Visit Santa at SantaPark
||7 hour excursion (2½ hour drive away)
1 Dec - 4 Jan 2020 & 29 Nov - 2 Jan 2021
|Lainio SnowHotel Overnight Stay
Guided tour, hot berry juice and buffet breakfast
Available 22 Dec onward
|Ice suite from: £125
Notes for above excursions: Times and distances are approximate and may vary due to weather and other conditions.
- Child age for Husky, Reindeer and Snowmobile safaris is 4-12yrs.
- Children 0-3yrs are free (transport must be prebooked) but are not allowed on 10km or 22km Husky or any Snowmobile safaris.
- SantaPark and Santa's Hideaway child age 4-16 yrs (0-2 yrs are free).
- Snowmobile drivers must be 18yrs+ and bring a full, valid photographic driver's licence with them.
- Children aged 8yrs or above must be at lest 140cm tall to ride as a passenger on a snowmobile. Children under this height or less than 8yrs will be towed in a sled behind the guide.
- Single riders who have purchased a sharing snowmobile may need to upgrade locally to a single driving snowmobile, if a sharing snowmobile is not available.
- The overnight stay can be pre-booked but the exact day of the week will only be confirmed within 3 working days of booking as all reservations are subject to availability.
Travel insurance is a condition of booking with us, and you should ensure that your chosen policy covers the activities that you plan to take part in during your holiday. Your policy should provide cover for your own personal and medical expenses, however individual policies will not cover damage to snowmobiles or skidoos and a compulsory excess will be payable directly to the supplier of the snowmobile/skidoo excursion.
Location in resort
- Longitude: 24.171597
- Latitude: 67.603780
- Distance to City Centre: 500
For more information on travel and transport visit our Yllas page