Surrounded by meadows and forests and set against the beautiful backdrop of the Gratlspitz peaks, this fairytale village has lost none of its ‘olde worlde’ charm with picturesque overhanging eaves and balconies with wonderful flowers. The village is a haven of peace and quiet and surrounded by picturesque walking country, from gentle rambles through meadows and woodland to the highest slopes accessed by the Wiedersbergerhorn gondola.
There are several shops, restaurants and cafés with flower decked terraces and the village brass band plays regularly throughout the summer, dressed in national costume. The ‘Alpbach Seenland Card’ gives guests free use of all gondolas and buses in the valley, plus free entrance to many local attractions.
Things to do in resort
The village has several shops, restaurants and cafés with flower decked terraces and the village brass band plays regularly throughout the summer, dressed in national costume. Guests also receive the new 'Alpbach Seenland Card' which entitles guests staying in Alpbach properties free use of all the gondolas and buses in the valley, plus free entrance to many local attractions.
In & Around Alpbach
- 900km of marked walking trails
- FREE use of all lifts and buses around the region
- Daily guided walks and twice weekly bike tours with tourist office
- Several cafés, shops & supermarket
- Scenic bathing lakes at nearby Reith and Kramsach
- Open air pool at Brixlegg
- Tyrolean farmhouse museum in Kramsach
- Glass-blowing at Rattenberg
- Various other local attractions accessible by free local bus
- E-Bikes available
Alpbach Resort Card
The fantastic value ‘Alpbachtal Seenland Card’ is Free to all guests in Alpbach and includes:
- Free use of all 4 gondolas and local buses in the area
- Free daily guided walks
- Free weekly bike tours
- Free entrance to 3 outdoor lidos and 2 bathing lakes
- Free sightseeing bus Jenbach-Stans-Schwarz
- Free use of tennis courts and entrances to local attractions
NB: Card is provided by your hotel on arrival.
Lift and cable-car approx. opening times 2020
Wiedersbergerhorn: Open approx. 20 June
Car hire is available
Location in resort
- Longitude: 11.942067
- Latitude: 47.399499
For more information on travel and transport visit our Alpbach page