You will be given a free resort card entitling you all sorts of freebies including use of a huge network of lifts and buses to transport you to far flung mountain points. The area has over 300 km of marked walking trails with varied terrain and easy access to the rugged peaks and magnificent scenery of the three mountains in this area as well as dramatic walks over to Switzerland. It is a great area for mountain biking too with 1,000 km of marked trails, plus the Ischgl Trailground riding technique park. Fishing and rafting are among the many other activities available.
In & Around
- Handful of shops and cafes in village
- Alpine and Nordic walking
- Mountain biking on 1,000km of marked trails plus ‘Ischgl Trailground’ riding technique park
- E-Bike hire
- Silvretta Waldbad open-air swimming pool with water slides, jets and grassed sunbathing area
- Indoor swimming pool
- Tennis courts
- Mathon Wildpark
- High-rope course
- Rafting & canyoning (Imster Canyon)
- Trips to St. Anton by train/bus
- Visit Switzerland by cable-car
- Weekly bandstand concert and Tyrolean evening
Ischgl 'Silvretta' Resort Card - Free to all guests
The fantastic value ‘Silvretta card’ is available from your hotel and gives you:
- Free use of all lifts in Ischgl, Galtür, Samnaun, Kappl and See
- Free use of all buses along the valley
- Free guided walks in Ischgl, Galtür, Kappl and See
- Free use of indoor and outdoor swimming pools in Ischgl & Galtür and spa park in See
- Free entrance to the Alpinarium Galtür and the museum in Ischgl
- Free children’s and youth’s activity programme
- 20-40% discounts on entrance to tennis courts, high rope course, etc.
Join your Rep and other Inghams guests for an afternoon valley walk from Galtür through the gorge and riverside to Ischgl, stopping at Mathon Wildpark for lunch - from €5 (pay locally).
Ischgl is a real high alpine hiker’s paradise with over 300km of marked trails and easy access to the rugged peaks and magnificent scenery of the 3 mountains in this area; the Verwall, Silvretta and the Samnaun group. Terrain varies from step ascents up the Verwall range, to long trails through wide valleys to the mighty Silvretta peaks and glaciers up to 3,000m, and dramatic walks over to Samnaun in Switzerland. It is a pristine and unspoilt mountain environment where you can expect to see Eagles, marmots and ibex en route, along with spectacular alpine vistas.
Getting around | The excellent cable-car and chairlift network throughout the region make it possible to access the furthest most pristine and highest points of the valley before turning home. All lifts and buses are FREE with the resort card. For Summer 2019, lifts open on approx 24 June 2019.
POPULAR WALKS include
Samnaun, Switzerland | Full day
Take the cable-car up to the highest point (3,000m) before walking down with views on all sides to Samnaun in Switzerland for lunch, and returning via gondola and chairlift and walking back down to
Zeinisjoch to Lake Weigensee | 3 hrs
Starting in Galtür this gentle walk ascends slowly, stopping at the Zeinisjoch mountain alm with wonderful views along the way to Lake Wiegensee.
Fimbatal to Heidelberger Hut | Full day
Take a day’s hike through the beautiful Fimbatal valley up to the Heidelberger Hut for award winning cuisine. The trail starts from the church in Ischgl, through one of most beautiful and pristine areas of the Paznaun with ample chance to view rare Alpine flora.
NB. Days and routes may vary from those shown.
Tourist Office Walks | Ischgl tourist office also runs a programme of FREE guided walks with qualified mountain guides in Ischgl, Galtür, Kappel and See.
Nordic Walking | A popular Nordic Walking area there is an excellent range of trails and instruction, and guests receive a days free Nordic walking pole hire with the resort card.