Surrounded by rolling hills and countryside, Saalbach and Hinterglemm in the scenic Glemm valley are a paradise for walkers offering 400km of well marked paths and more than 30 rustic mountain huts along the way. The ‘Saalbach Hinterglemm Joker Card’ gives FREE unlimited use of all cable cars and walkers’ buses in the valley, plus guided walks and free entrances to various attractions, making this beautiful region fantastic value and a joy to explore. There is a huge range of activities for families, and it is also one of Austria’s premier mountain biking areas. Both villages have attractive pedestrianised centres with a good choice of shops, cafés and restaurants. Traditional folklore events, band concerts and weekly festivals take place throughout July and August.
Things to do in resort
Saalbach Hinterglemm is home to Austria's largest dedicated mountain biking area, with 400km of marked trails suitable for all abilities, as well as guided cycle tours. The 'Saalbach Hinterglemm Joker Card' gives free use of all cable cars and walkers' buses in the valley, plus guided walks and free entrances to various attractions, making it easy to explore on holidays in Saalbach and Hinterglemm. Both villages have attractive pedestrianised centres with a good choice of shops, cafés and restaurants which can be accessed with ease from Saalbach and Hinterglemm hotels.
Resort 'Joker' Card - Free to all guests
The excellent value Saalbach & Hinterglemm "Joker Card" is given to you on arrival by your hotel from 25th May 2019 and includes:
- Free use of all lifts in the valley*
- Free use of the walkers’ buses
- Free guided walks (up to 10 per week, ankle-high boots required)
- Free entrance to the outdoor pool in Saalbach
- Free use of the tennis courts, mini golf, bike park
- Free use of the sightseeing train at the end of the valley
- Free or discounted rates on many other local attractions.
*Once weekly use of the Asitz gondola in Leogang,
Other things to do in and around Saalbach and Hinterglemm
- Good selection of shops & cafés in each village
- 400km of marked paths
- E-Bike hire
- Guided bike tours
- Cycling, mountain biking and 3 bike parks
- Three children’s adventure playgrounds and mystery paths
- Outdoor pool
- Horse riding
- 9 hole golf course
- High rope course
- Folk & ski museum
- Crystal museum
- Tourist train
- Birds of Prey displays
- Zell am See (40mins by bus)
Family Summer holidays
In Saalbach Hinterglemm, families always come first, as family time is precious. Fun and excitement are the most important factors to make sure that the children have a great time. It is healthy to get bored from time to time, but please not on holiday!
- The Montelino’s Adventure Path (From the mountain peak to Kohlmais lift middle station you pass through the woods and over meadows, where various activity stations are). Montelino’s Water Playground is located at the end of Montelino’s adventure trail.
- The Montelino’s Peak Playground (The children’s playground at the top of Zwölferkogel mountain makes all children hearts beat faster. Enjoy the panoramic views over Saalbach Hinterglemm while your children explore the playground and test their climbing skills.)
- The Jump & Slide Park is surrounded by an impressive mountain panorama at Saalbach river’s source, it has an eight-meter high jump tower, a trampoline area and a freestyle ramp (kicker) for a fun day out for all the family.
Festivals and Events
There is a full programme of events throughout the summer including village brass band concerts, torchlit walks, live music at various mountain alms, and regular evening entertainment with food stalls, traditional music and dancing.
Car hire is available
Location in resort
- Longitude: 12.636078
- Latitude: 47.394938
For more information on travel and transport visit our Saalbach & Hinterglemm page