At the head of the splendid Gardena valley, Selva is located beneath the jagged peaks of this most spectacular part of the Dolomites, a particularly beautiful Alpine mountain chain in the Süd Tyrol region of northern of Italy.
Selva di Val Gardena (to give it its full name in Italian) is also known as Wolkenstein in Gröden in German or simply Selva in the popular local Ladin language, with all three linguistic cultures intermingling to create a fascinating fusion of human life.
We have a good selection of hotels in Selva and a range of activities for guests, especially for walkers who take gentle rambles along lush river valleys as well as more invigorating high altitude ridge treks accessed by an extensive lift system.
All hotels located in Selva are offer the Active Card Programme which offers a full programme of guided walks, mountain biking, cookery classes Nordic walking, rock climbing and Yoga. Activities offered on this programme are subject to change and availability. Your Active Card will be given to you in resort.
Things to do in resort
- Cable cars
- Bolzano or Brixen by bus, takes 1½ hrs but it’s worth it
- Visit nearby Ortisei for shops, museums, churches
- Climbing tours and courses
- Daily Selva Active programme of (usually free) walks,biking, Nordic walking, local stables, cultural visitS
- The Selva Active programme includes Nordic walking tasters and excursions amongst its many walking activities, plus rock climbing for beginners, mountain biking, visits to local stables, cookery lessons and yoga. Most of these activities are free. A network of trails leads from the village, and you can visit Ortisei, 9 km away, by rambling along the old railway line, or by bus. Buses also go further to Brixen or Bolzano, and our excursions travel as far afield as Lake Garda and Venice
Location in resort
- Longitude: 11.754899
- Latitude: 46.556898
For more information on travel and transport visit our Selva page