Free Resort Card
The Free 'Grindelwald Guest Card' is provided by your hotel on arrival and gives you:
- Free use of in resort buses
- Free* use of resort swimming pool
- Reduced entrance to local attractions including Grindelwald Museum, Glacier Gorge and Pfingstegg cable-car.
Subject to change.
*only applies to Hotel Bodmi, Hotel Jungfrau Lodge, Hotel Eiger and Eiger Apartments
Discount Travel Card included for all Inghams guests
Our half-price card on trips of your choice across the Swiss transport network. Included in the price of your holiday, and is sent to you before departure with your rail tickets.
Exploring on the Swiss Transport Network
Switzerland's excellent public transport network of mountain railways, cable-cars, steam boats and buses makes it a pleasure to explore the sights, at your own pace.
Great Value Travel Passes
Purchase a travel pass and only pay one inclusive price for your trips:
(Prices shown include Travel Card discount)
Jungfrau Travel Pass (pre-bookable) - from £97 3 days, from £141 6 days, from £161 7 days, from £180 8 days
Enjoy consecutive days Free travel on trains, cable-cars, gondolas and boats within the Jungfrau region including:
- Free train travel to Wengen, Mürren, Interlaken, Wilderswil and Lauterbrunnen
- Free travel on ‘First’ gondola, Männlichen and Pfingstegg cable-cars and Harder Kulm funicular
- Free travel on Schynige Platte cog railway for alpine garden
- 6 days onward includes boats on Lakes Thun & Brienz, and train between
Interlaken Ost & Breinz
Supplement applies for Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn. Family Card not valid with Jungfrau Travel Pass, children up to 15yrs must purchase a Jungfrau Junior Travel Card locally (Sfr 30 per child)
Bernese Oberland Regional Pass* (pre-bookable): from £144 4 days, from £183 6 days
For those wanting to travel further afield within the region, this good value pass gives you 4 or 6 consecutive days FREE travel on regional trains, buses and boats, including:
- Trains to Gstaad, Thun, Meiringen and Adelboden
- Brienzer Rothorn and Niesen mountain railways
- Unlimited cruising on Lakes Thun and Brienz
- Mountain transport within the Jungfrau Region
*Family Card not valid with Bernese Oberland Regional Pass. Children up to 16yrs must purchase a 'Bernese Oberland Junior Card' locally (approx. Sfr30 per child).
Other things to do in and around Grindelwald
- ‘Pfingstegg’ viewing platform with unique view of whole valley
- Grindelwald museum displaying history of the village
- ‘First Flyer’ zip wire cable-way
- Sports centre with indoor swimming pool
- Bowling alley and mini-golf
- Excellent train connections across the local area to Interlaken, Lakes Thun and Brienz, Wilderswil, Wengen and Berne
- Weekly Swiss folklore evenings throughout July and August
- Regular folk and music concerts
- 'Land Art' festival takes place in June
Jungfraujoch - ‘Top of Europe’ from £76, daily
A ‘must-see’ for all visitors is the ultimate rail journey through the Eiger, and up to Europe’s highest railway station at 3,454m, for breathtaking views including the 14km-long Aletsch glacier and the ‘Ice Palace’.
‘James Bond’s’ Schilthorn from £49, daily
A trip up the famous Schilthorn, set of film ‘Her Majesty’s Secret Service’, for fantastic views of the surrounding snow-clad peaks.
Many more options available locally through your Representative including:
Fun Package: First Flyer / Glider & Trottibike / Mountain Cart from Sfr64
Prices shown include Travel Card discount.
In the Jungfrau region, you have the choice of over 500km of well-marked paths, many of them panoramic with spectacular views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains. Being based in
Grindelwald gives you easy access to this enormous walking area with plenty on offer for all levels from easy walks through Alpine moorlands, to the more challenging hikes at the lower and upper glaciers. Use the post buses, trains, cable-cars and gondolas for easy access to high viewpoints. Take the train from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg and try the ‘Eigertrail’ (approx. 2 hrs), getting up close to the notorious Eiger north face, and continuing past fascinating rock formations and glimpses of the ice fields. Or head to the top of the ‘First’ by gondola from the village centre, for an easier walk through alpine meadows to the beautiful lake of Bachalp, before continuing to Waldspitz (approx. 2¼ hrs).
Summer 2019 Grindelwald-Männlichen gondola will be replaced with buses running from 22 June till the end of the
season. Return buses will run 7 times a day approx.hourly. Männlichen is still reachable by cable car from the Wengen