- Cable cars
- Excursions by cable-car/rail within the Bernese Oberland
Breathtaking views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau peaks are unique to Mürren holidays, whilst mountains, meadows and forests provide walkers with everything from scenic strolls to adventurous hikes! Pretty, flower-bedecked chalets and little shops and cafés line the streets, and evenings are quiet and relaxed with a couple of friendly watering holes within easy reach of Mürren hotels. There's a huge choice of excursions including visits to the Jungfraujoch, the alpine gardens at Schynige Platte, and the nearby Trümmelbach Falls.
Other things to do in and around Mürren
- Sports centre with indoor swimming pool, tennis, mini-golf and new spa area with sauna and Turkish bath
- Museum of local history, geology and mountaineering in Lauterbrunnen
- Weekly guided walks of flower trail at the Allmendhubel (pay locally)
- Popular Winteregg alpine restaurant with sun terrace
- Regular folklore events mid Jun - mid Aug
Your Mürren guest card is provided by your hotel and gives you:
- Free use of resort indoor pool and jacuzzi in the centre of the village
- Reduced entrance to resort wellness area including sauna, steam room, solarium and fitness, plus tennis courts, squash and minigolf.
Free Excursion & Inghams Plus
- Free trip up the Allmendhubel funicular for guests staying 7 nights or more- whilst stocks last!
Discount Travel Card included for all Inghams guests
Save up to 50% with your half-price card on trips of your choice across the Swiss transport network. Included in the price of your holiday, and worth over £100!
Travel card sent to you before departure with your rail transfer tickets.
Exploring on the Swiss Transport Network
Switzerland's excellent public transport network of mountain railways, cable-cars, steam boats and buses makes it a pleasure to explore the sights, at your own pace.
Great Value Travel Passes
Purchase a travel pass and only pay one inclusive price for your trips:
(Prices shown include Travel Card discount)
Jungfrau Travel Pass (pre-bookable) - 3 - 8 days from £89
Enjoy up to 8 consecutive days Free travel on trains, cable-cars, gondolas and boats within the Jungfrau region including:
- Free train travel to Wengen, Mürren, Interlaken, Wilderswil and Lauterbrunnen
- Free travel on ‘First’ gondola, Männlichen cable-car and Harder Kulm funicular
- Free travel on Schynige Platte cog railway for alpine garden
- Now also includes boat trips on Lakes Thun and Brienz (6 days passes only)
Supplement applies for Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn. Family Card not valid with Jungfrau Travel Pass, children up to 16yrs must purchase a Jungfrau Junior Travel Card locally (Sfr 30)
Bernese Oberland Regional Pass (pre-bookable)* - From £137 (4 days), £163 (6 days), £185 (8 days), £208 (10 days).
For those wanting to travel further afield within the region, this good value pass gives you 4, 6, 8 or 10 consecutive days FREE travel on regional trains, buses and boats, including:
- Trains to Gstaad, Thun, Meiringen and Adelboden
- Brienzer Rothorn and Niesen mountain railways
- Unlimited cruising on Lakes Thun and Brienz
- Mountain transport within the Jungfrau Region
*Family Card not valid with Bernese Oberland Regional Pass. Children up to 16yrs must purchase a 'Bernese Oberland Junior Card' locally (approx. Sfr30 per child).
Car hire is available
Mürren has access to over 200km of well-marked trails of varying difficulty and is a great starting point to discover the whole of the Jungfrau region. At the top of the Allmendhubel, for access to the local Mürren-Schilthorn hiking area, is the ‘Flower trail’ with guided walks taking place throughout Summer. More challenging walks and hikes can be found on the Schilthorn, including the path following the tracks of the Inferno race back to the village (approx. 3 hrs).
Local Walking Map
Plan your walking in advance, purchase a map of the local area for just £6.95. Must be ordered at time of booking.