- Cable cars
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Mini golf
Davos / Klosters Active Card is great for walkers and nature lovers with unlimited free use of the resort's mountain lifts and free use of the trains and buses in the local area and free participation in numerous activities and events in the region.
Klosters has a selection of shops and cafés, and the local 'Rhäetian' railway connects guests to Davos in only 20 minutes (free of charge with resort card summer 2019), or to destinations such as the Swiss National Park and the Engadine valley. People on Klosters holidays have access to all the same excursions as Davos guests.
Davos Schatzalp Alpine Botanical Garden
The Alpine Botanical Garden Schatzalp contains various gardens. All are located around the hotel and forest Schatzalp. Forest and mountain pastures are approx. 118 acres with the gardens covering 5 acres. The alpine gardens are names including belle époque, historical, Thomas Mann square and 'Guggerbachtal' (valley of the Guggerbach river), each with a different collection of plants and representing various areas of life.
In total, the gardens are home to over 5,000 species of plant from all over the world, with a focus on flowers such as Edelweiss, Enzian, Peonies, Larkspur, Monkshood, Spurg, wild Geranium, Bellflower and many other species from high altitude landscapes of our world. There are many hiking trails in summer from mid-June to October, when the garden is blossoming. Entrance to the garden is included in your guest card.
Free Resort Card summer 2019
The free "Davos/Klosters Guest Card" is provided by your hotel/apartment upon arrival and gives you:
- Free unlimited use of the lifts including the Parsenn funicular (beg Jul-Oct), Rinerhorn cable-car (beg Jun-Oct), Madrisa gondola (beg Jun-Oct), Schatzalp funicular (mid-May-Oct), and Jakobshorn (end Jun-Oct)
- Free use of local buses and unlimited travel on the train between Davos and Klosters and to Filisur
- Free entrance to Alpine Garden at Schatzalp where visitors will find over 5,000 species of plant from various mountain ranges around the world.
Please note there are planned changes for summer 2020 to a guest card whereby new Premium card will be introduced as from 01 May 2020:
-With the Premium Card, local public transport (now also the tourist routes to the Davos side valleys are discounted, details are still being clarified at the moment).
- The Premium Card will be particularly attractive for guests who wish to use a mountain railway in the summer 2020 season. From the second night stay onwards they benefit from greatly reduced prices: A day ticket for individual mountains in the Davos Klosters Mountains (Jakobshorn, Parsenn, Gotschna, Rinerhorn, Madrisa) will cost ten francs for an adult. If you would like to use several mountains on the same day, you could buy a day ticket for 15 francs. A day ticket for Schatzalp will be six francs. Children aged seven to seventeen pay half each. Children under this age group will continue to travel free of charge.
Other things to do in and around Klosters
- ‘Davos Klosters Active’ programme of free activities and hikes throughout summer including weekly guided bike tours, tennis, windsurfing, a tour of highest-altitude Monstein brewery, E-biking, bowling, dairy visits (subj. to change, some supplements may apply for equipment etc.) From 01 May 2020, there might be a small fee introduced for these activities
- ‘Davos Sounds Good’ jazz festival with some free concerts (approx 8-14 July)
- Davos Music Festival: classical music by young artists (approx 3 - 17 Aug)
- Swissalpine Marathon (approx 26 July)
- Fantastic rail and bus excursions into the surrounding area
- Alpine flower garden up at the Schatzalp included with resort card.
- Good selection of mountain restaurants with traditional Swiss cuisine
- 9-hole alpine golf course in resort, and mini-golf at Hotel Sport
- ‘Kirchner Museum’ in Davos celebrates work of artist Ernst Kirchner
- Davos Heritage museum with original wooden mill
Discount Travel Card included for all Inghams guests
Save up to 50% with your travel card on trips of your choice across the Swiss transport network. Included in the price of your holiday, and worth over £100!
Travelcard sent to you before departure with your rail transfer tickets.
Exploring on the Swiss Transport Network
Switzerland's excellent public transport network of mountain railways, cable-cars, steamboats and buses makes it a pleasure to explore the sights, at your own pace.
Evening bus service is available
Car hire is available