New Year ski holidays are all about celebration and parties. Fireworks, good times and lots of laughter. Nothing says 'let's make some memories' like a day of skiing down fresh powder and some untouched trails.
Whether you want to celebrate the New Year by hitting the slopes, indulging in some après-ski or relaxing in a luxury chalet, we have ski holidays to suit.
Exclusive to December 2023 - save up to £400 per person with our Top December Ski Deals:
New Year ski departure dates
Departing a day or two after Christmas and returning before (or after) the children go back to school, skiing at New Year is extremely popular and the best resorts sell out quickly so we advise that you book as early as possible, especially if you're looking for a catered ski chalet over New Year.
See in the New Year on the slopes
Discover our favourite hotels, perfect for a New Year Ski holiday.
Located in a peaceful setting, Chalet Fauner overlooks the wonderful forested slopes of Rendl. This beautiful chalet is ideal for group stays.
Located right in the center of Belle Plagne, you can ski to within 50 metres of the apartments. Each apartment even has it's own sauna.
Conveniently located near the Nasserein gondola and a short walk from the center of town, this family-run hotel offers a home away from home and excellent leisure facilities.
Located in the centre of Chamonix, the hotel is decorated in a contemporary wooden chalet style. The cosy bar and lounge with fireplace is a great place to unwind after a day of skiing.
A stylish hotel located in the centre of Kitzbühel and a 4 minute walk from the Hahnenkamm gondola. The hotel has a traditional and contemporary interior, excellent cuisine and an extensive spa area.
Where to ski at New Year
We’ve hand-picked some of the best snow-sure resorts for New Year’s Eve skiing in Europe. Check out our snowy new year’s eve destinations.
- Known for it's après ski scene, St Anton provides the perfect place to ring in the new year with great food, drinks, and an incredible atmosphere.
- span style="font-weight: 400;">Don't miss St. Anton illuminated, an incredible laser and sound show right in St. Anton village centre on New Years Eve.
- La Plagne is a popular French ski resort that offers aprés and nightlife. There is something for everyone, from quiet drinks to late-night party venues.
- On New Year’s Eve, a massive party is held at the bottom of the piste in Bellcote. Many bars hold their own parties and restaurants often have special menus.
- If you love skiing or snowboarding, the Espace Killy is perfect for a New Year's celebration.
- You can take advantage of several slopes during your trip in Tignes and neighbouring Val d'Isere, as well as all of the nightlife that comes with staying in a European mountain village.
- Celebrate the New Year with a big party and fireworks in Cervinia. Cervinia is a small but popular resort on the Alpi Pennine, which overlooks the Mont Blanc Massif and has a long skiing area over the Italian border to Switzerland.
- The resort is renowned for its excellent snow conditions, beautiful scenery and warm welcoming atmosphere.
- With stunning views over Mont Blanc and the Aiguille du Midi, Chamonix offers a unique New Year’s experience.
- Plenty of restaurants, après ski bars and nightclubs put on brilliant New Year’s Eve celebrations. As is the tradition in Chamonix on New Year’s Eve, everyone gathers in the town centre for a countdown, firework display and plenty of drinking!
- Located high up in the Arctic circle of Finland's Lapland, Saariselka is like no other ski resort in Europe. Imagine snow-capped mountains, herds of reindeer and a frozen Arctic landscape - it's so much more than a ski resort.
- Stay at the unique Muotka Wilderness Hotel and enjoy a bonfire, midnight fireworks and a glass of sparkling wine on New Year's Eve.
You might also like...
Travel With Confidence
>When you choose an Inghams holiday, you can travel with confidence. We’re here to take the stress out of travelling. We’ve put extra measures in place for your peace of mind. We’ll help keep both you and your money safe.