Welcome to the Capital! Tokyo is a must visit on your Japan holiday. What began as a small castle town, has now become one of the world’s most exciting, food inspiring and populated capitals in the world. An impossibly large destination to complete in one visit, this is a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the metropolitan way of life. A visual feast for the eyes, night time can often be more exciting than the day with towering sky scrapers lit up through the night, hosting everything from convenience stores to karaoke bars and cat cafés.
Travelling long haul, you'll want to make it count, so for all our guests we've organised the first night of your trip to be in Tokyo. If you'd like to travel directly to the ski resort please call our Reservations Team on 01483 79 11 12.
We can also introduce you to Kyoto, the old capital of Japan.
Drag lifts 0, Chairlifts 0, Cablecars 0
Things to do in resort
Our Top 5
- Sensō-ji - Tokyo’s oldest Buddhist temple, located in Asakusa. Take part in the Buddhist ritual of burning incense, purification at the water fountain and throw a coin into the offering box for the Buddhist goddess of mercy and compassion, Kannon. There’s also a bustling market to pick up some cheesy souvenirs.
- Find an Izakaya restaurant - A Japanese interpretation of a Tapas restaurant, the setting is usually informal (sometimes with seating on the floor) and consists of multiple courses. Some also offer “all you can drink” whilst you eat to sample the local beer, sake and whisky!
- Visit Harajuku - the trend setting district of Tokyo. Visit the Takashita Dori for a street full of shops, cafes and boutiques. You may also spot a Purikura- usually underground and mistaken for an arcade, what you’ll actually find are floor to ceiling photo booths where you and (up to 3 friends) can take an array of photos and decorate them after! Extremely popular with teenage Japanese girls, men usually have to be accompanied by a woman.
- Spend a day (and a night) exploring the Shinjuku district - Enjoy great (and free!) views from the 45th floor of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building, shop in the hundreds of technology stores, order a tea in one of Japan’s Maid Cafés (adult only), or cat cafés or even a hedgehog café! By night the bars and restaurants are endless- sushi-go-rounds are a must!
- Robot Cabaret Show – Enjoy (or endure!) 90 minutes of lasers, loud music and a sight unlike anything else you will ever see! You may question what you’ve just experienced but you’ll regret it if you miss out. Our top tip- eat before the show.
There's also the famous cherry blossom first blooms which usually start to show at the end of March.
Location in resort
- Longitude: 139.6933
- Latitude: 35.6869
For more information on travel and transport visit our Tokyo page