Skiing and snowboarding holidays don't last forever, so you want to be able to make the most of every moment out on the slopes. Therefore, there is nothing better than ski-in ski-out accommodation.
Here at Inghams we have a selection of accommodation options in Chalets, Hotels and Apartments that offer the ski-in ski-out experience.
Ski-in ski-out chalets
Chalets are a great accommodation option if you are looking for a home away from home stay but with a bit of luxury from our catered offering: Our team of friendly staff who will offer first class home-cooked food to making your beds after you rush out the door in the morning to make the most of the snow.
- With modern wooden bath tubs or new showers, double basins and heated towel rails in the ensuite bathrooms
- An après-ski room on the lower ground floor with two infra-red saunas, a table tennis table and hot tub outside
- This resort has everything, no matter what your skiing ability, from wide open blues and greens to challenging black runs
- With high beamed ceilings, a feature fireplace, floor to ceiling picture windows and a balcony with great views across the resort
- A beautiful sun terrace with mountain views and a traditional sauna
- Very snow sure resort of Avoriaz is the highest in the huge Portes du Soleil - the world's largest international linked ski area
- All bedrooms in the property have modern ensuite facilities including jet showers and massage baths and some also have balconies
- The large open plan living and dining area also leads out onto a large sun terrace overlooking stunning mountain views
- The local villages have a great selection of shops, bars and restaurants and have a lively, friendly, buzz about them
Ski-in ski-out hotels
Hotels are the ideal option if you are looking for a great nights sleep after a busy day making the most of the resort. All our Hotel's offer fantastic rooms and great service, many with restaurants, spa facilities and cosy, log-fire bars.
- A special rooftop spa, where you can relax and take in the views
- Bedrooms are modern, comfortable and have pine décor, some of the rooms have balconies
- Great location, situated in the upper Ötztal Valley on the main Alpine ridge
- Plenty of room options, including inter-connecting (great for families and friends) and excellent leisure facilities
- Great ski areas with plenty of tree lined runs and a good choice of mountain restaurants
- A nice extra touch of a heated ski equipment storage room on-site
Ski-in ski-out apartments
Apartments are the best option when you want to make your ski or snowboarding holiday truly your own, at your own speed. With apartments of many sizes, you can cook your favourite meals, play games together in your own lounge space and make the most of the views surrounding you.
- An attractive set of apartments in a quiet area, with a delightful cocktail bar
- Three Valleys offers an unrivalled snow record and great skiing for all grades
- Though these are self-catering apartments, you can have bread and pastries delivered each morning
- These apartments are part of a luxury resort, so you can enjoy the privacy with the use of the facilities
- The resort of Yllas offers Finland’s longest ski slopes and a network of cross-country trails
- Though the apartments are self-catering you can opt to upgrade to Half-board
- Spectacular views over the slopes and very close to the local ski schools
- Use of the local Hotel Vancouver's facilities including bar, spa, pool and restaurant
- This resort is ideal for vast skiing options, with 10 villages all connected
The best ski-in ski-out resorts
There are so many skiing and snowboarding resorts across Europe, we have selected just a few below that showcase some of the best ski-in ski-out accommodations so that you can make the most of your time out on the slopes and avoid the lengthy walks to lifts or travel time on buses.
With some of the best terrain for skiing, snowboarding and snow activities - Switzerland overs the best range of winter activities
Offering picturesque scenery, varied ski areas, plenty of resorts and charming traditional alpine villages, France never fails to tick all the right boxes
Home to some of Europe's best skiing, scenery and food - skiing and snowboarding in Italy consistently impresses and is top of the list
Austria celebrates its ‘Gemütlichkeit’ culture, which attempts to make guests feel homely and welcome - they are huge when it comes to Apres-ski
Ski-in ski-out holiday FAQs
- What does ski-in ski-out mean? - The slopes are right outside your door, so you don't need to walk to the nearest lift or slope, but ski and snowboarding straight away.
- Is ski-in ski-out worth doing? - The convenience is a very valid reason to opt for ski-in ski-out accommodation, as well as the fact you are making the most of your skiing time by literally skiing or snowboarding to and from your door.
- How do I know if the holiday I am booking is a ski-in ski-out option? - The accommodation page you are looking at should highlight this fact in it's introduction information, otherwise you will find this detail under the tabs section of the accommodations page.
Travel with confidence
When you choose an Inghams holiday, you can travel with confidence. We’re here to take the stress out of travelling. We’ve put extra measures in place for your peace of mind. We’ll help keep both you and your money safe.