- Cable cars
The village has several shops, restaurants and cafés with flower decked terraces and the village brass band plays regularly throughout the summer, dressed in national costume. Guests also receive the new 'Alpbach Seenland Card' which entitles guests staying in Alpbach properties free use of all the gondolas and buses in the valley, plus free entrance to many local attractions.
In & Around Alpbach
- 900km of marked walking trails
- FREE use of all lifts and buses around the region
- Daily guided walks and twice weekly bike tours with tourist office
- Several cafés, shops & supermarket
- Scenic bathing lakes at nearby Reith and Kramsach
- Open air pool at Brixlegg
- Tyrolean farmhouse museum in Kramsach
- Glass-blowing at Rattenberg
- Various other local attractions accessible by free local bus
- E-Bikes available
Alpbach Resort Card
The fantastic value ‘Alpbachtal Seenland Card’ is Free to all guests in Alpbach and includes:
- Free use of all 4 gondolas and local buses in the area
- Free daily guided walks
- Free weekly bike tours
- Free entrance to 3 outdoor lidos and 2 bathing lakes
- Free sightseeing bus Jenbach-Stans-Schwarz
- Free use of tennis courts and entrances to local attractions
NB: Card is provided by your hotel on arrival.
Alpbach is a real walkers’ village with 900km of marked trails and a huge variety of terrain
including woodland, gorges, lakes and peaks across the Alpbach Seenland area of Alpbach, Reith, Brixlegg, Rattenberg, Kramsach and Kundl, as well as the interlinked Wildschönau valley. The village is surrounded by extensive walking paths, peaks and various mountain huts which can be accessed by foot. Try the woodland walk up to the Schatzberg (3 hrs), or a full day hike up to the Sagtaler Spitze for panoramic views
GETTING AROUND | All lifts and buses across the Seenland region are FREE with the resort card. There are four lifts (Wiedersbergerhorn in Alpbach, Reiterkogel in Reith, Markbachjoch in Niederau and Schatzberg in Auffach), and the local buses open up a variety of marked point-to-point trails to local villages, gorges and lakes, where you can catch the bus back. The Reither Kogel is ideal for ramblers, with gentle paths and a viewing platform with impressive vistas.
Note: Wiedersbergerhorn lift open from approx 15 June 2019
Free Guided Walks
TOURIST OFFICE WALKS | An excellent programme of FREE guided walks is run Monday to Friday by the Alpbach Tourist Board with a choice of two walks per day, departing from various points in the area. Popular walks include half-day walks to the Tiefenbach gorge, the 5 Lakes Tour around Kramsach, and full day hikes up to Alpbach’s Gratlspitz. (Progamme is subject to change and availability).
HOTEL GUIDED WALKS | FREE guided walks are offered to guests at the Hotel Böglerhof (4 per week), and Hotel Alpbacherhof (2 per week) and Hotel Alphof (1 per week) with their resident mountain guides